You can type here any text you want

GTO couldn't pull on a 300C

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
i have seen 300's for 26k out the door fully loaded around here. neat cars. the GTO looks like the bastard child of a catera and a grand prix to me.

Originally posted by boogerlizard
i have seen 300's for 26k out the door fully loaded around here. neat cars. the GTO looks like the bastard child of a catera and a grand prix to me.

Maybe with a V6, but definitely not with the V8. I have priced a few of them and fully loaded, the cheapest I have seen them was 40K with the Hemi so I know for a fact, those are not leaving any dealers for 26K.

Show me the documentation that has it fully loaded with a V8 and I will fly there with my friend that is looking to get one and buy it. I bought my GN in Dearborn Michigan and drove it back to NY over 700 miles so it's not a big deal. They also offer 3 V6 models so I'm sure that is what you saw.

Originally posted by matt87
ls1 not the big kid anymore? ya thats why the ls2 is coming :)

yeah..and that's why there's a bigger and hotter hemo in the way too. 6.1 and rumored to be over 400 hp.

actually 2 v6's.

Originally posted by Marc87GN
Maybe with a V6, but definitely not with the V8. I have priced a few of them and fully loaded, the cheapest I have seen them was 40K with the Hemi so I know for a fact, those are not leaving any dealers for 26K.

Show me the documentation that has it fully loaded with a V8 and I will fly there with my friend that is looking to get one and buy it. I bought my GN in Dearborn Michigan and drove it back to NY over 700 miles so it's not a big deal. They also offer 3 V6 models so I'm sure that is what you saw.

Originally posted by FlyinGN
actually 2 v6's.

You are right, but I said 3 V6 Models not 3 V6 engines. 6.1 liters? just what we need to do, use more gas. At least the Corvettes can get 28+ mpg on the highway. All of this when the M3 with 3.2 liters makes 333 hp and runs low 13s @ over 105 mph. We are great at building big engines, but not at squeezing the most out of them. Could be why the GNs were/are so popular.

You are right, but I said 3 V6 Models not 3 V6 engines. 6.1 liters? just what we need to do, use more gas. At least the Corvettes can get 28+ mpg on the highway. All of this when the M3 with 3.2 liters makes 333 hp and runs low 13s @ over 105 mph. We are great at building big engines, but not at squeezing the most out of them. Could be why the GNs were/are so popular.

I believe the hemi's in the 300 drop cylinders at cruising for better mileage. They are getting mid 20's on the highway, which is great for a 4,00lb passenger car that seats 5 in comfort. Our 525 Bimmer gets about that and it's the straight 6.

ok, here's my .02. i like both cars. i however, like the goat a lot better. its my preference, i'm a GM guy. i test drove an automatic GTO about a month ago. LOVED IT!!! granted they're bland styled but when you test drive them that can be easily overlooked. i read a Motor Trend report about the 300C and they claimed a 1/4 mile time of 14.7:( not good. the GTO was a 13.52. the GTO is powered by an LS1, and an LS1 has more top end power than low end torque. i should know i have an LS1 powered trans am. they (LS1's) have 0-60 times in the 5.0-5.3 range. and believe it or not this is when the car is at its WEAKEST!!!!! the GTO i drove was definetaly NOT a 14 second car. my guess would've been about high 13's. as far as gas milage goes, 20's on the highway in a new car isn't sh*t. my T/A gets about 32 and I drive like a nut.:D there is so much more (and probably will be) more of an aftermarket for the LS1 then the new hemi. if you can't get an LS1 into the 12's (or near) with a couple of bolt ons your pathetic. i'm 24 years old, and i find the GTO to be VERY appealing. however, i think the 300c is sharp but its something i would drive when i'm like 40-45. as a matter of fact, within the next few years after i pay my trans am off, i plan on buying an '04 GTO. this way i won't be paying full price and they will be considered "the underdogs" with the LS2 coming out in '05 and and a whole new platform (made here) in '06, they should be pretty cheap. ok i babbled on enough.

Car and Driver ran the 300C to 13.9. Motor Trend ran the auto GTO to 13.85, the only published time for an auto Goat that I've seen. That's too close to call without a stopwatch, but you have to keep in mind that the 300C is heavier. That Hemi is no joke.:eek:

Fule MPG for both cars?

Anyone here know what the EPA fuel economy rating (City/Highway) is for both cars (300C/Hemi; GTO/LS1)? My experiences with the Hemi in a Ram truck was that it loved to suck the gas WAAAAAAAAAAY more than my Silverado's I've had.

Of course, my current LLY Duramax is by far way more frugal than either the Hemi Ram or the gas Silverado's! :D

Originally posted by TommyV8
Car and Driver ran the 300C to 13.9. Motor Trend ran the auto GTO to 13.85, the only published time for an auto Goat that I've seen. That's too close to call without a stopwatch, but you have to keep in mind that the 300C is heavier. That Hemi is no joke.:eek:

I agree, but I think everyone is getting caught up with ET. Et is more traction related and not power. Look at the trapspeed of both and I'm sure they are quite different at the end of the 1/4. I was close to buying a GTO, but I knew that I would be putting on MTI heads, cam and other mods to make well over 400 hp at the wheels. I decided instead to get a GN with 50K orig. and work on that.

The 300C is a nice looking car and has good performance for a heavy 4 door, but's it much more of a family car than it every will be a high performance sedan.

i live in michigan and they have so many incentives here right now. we looked at one and with the employee discount we get it was just over 26k and it was the hemi. black with leather and a sunroof and premium sound (just off the top of my head)

here is one going for 32k. subtract the incentives and employee discount and it was in the ballpark i had quoted above.
http://autotrader.com/findacar/newc...ord=26&address=48326&search_type=new&=&color=

i live in michigan and they have so many incentives here right now. we looked at one and and with the employee discount we get it was just over 26k.

They are killing us in NY, I priced a Magnum and they marked it up 4K. It was an OK vehicle and the exhaust note didn't come close to how it sounds on Tv. My wife hated it so she gave me the green light to get anything but that car. So that's when I bought the GN. The new Metro Airport is nice in michigan. I actually wish I could have stayed a day, but I had to be at work the next day and the trip was 11 hours.

i live in michigan and they have so many incentives here right now. we looked at one and with the employee discount we get it was just over 26k and it was the hemi. black with leather and a sunroof and premium sound (just off the top of my head)

here is one going for 32k. subtract the incentives and employee discount and it was in the ballpark i had quoted above.
http://autotrader.com/findacar/newc...ord=26&address=48326&search_type=new&=&color=

It's hard to tell if that is fully loaded or not. There are a dozen options probably totalling close to 7K. The navi is 2K alone. When I was a Mercedes Benz Tech, we received huge employee discounts also but that doesn't mean anything to the person that walks in off of the street.
What will the customer pay for a fully loaded 300C V8 is the question? I know here, it is far too much and could be why I haven't seen very many on the road. Hell, I'm more interested in a loaded maxima with a 6 speed. I'm sure it would be much more reliable.

the auto market is so saturated here so prices are quite low.

we ended up getting a new grand cherokee for 26K (fully loaded w/V8) it stickered at 36k . i needed a tow vehicle so we decided on that...

It's hard to tell if that is fully loaded or not. There are a dozen options probably totalling close to 7K. The navi is 2K alone. When I was a Mercedes Benz Tech, we received huge employee discounts also but that doesn't mean anything to the person that walks in off of the street.
What will the customer pay for a fully loaded 300C V8 is the question? I know here, it is far too much and could be why I haven't seen very many on the road. Hell, I'm more interested in a loaded maxima with a 6 speed. I'm sure it would be much more reliable.

I'll make you a deal on my wife's Maxima if I ever can get it back from the dealer for more than a month at a time.

It's been a huge dissapointment.

Originally posted by tracy
I'll make you a deal on my wife's Maxima if I ever can get it back from the dealer for more than a month at a time.

It's been a huge dissapointment.

Unfortunately, all auto makers have their problems. I was an MB tech and my bay was never empty. The question is how many problems they have per 100 or 1000 vehicles sold. Nissans are usually near the top of the reliability list. I have several friends with Maximas and I own a Sentra SE-R and they are usually rock solid. If I remember correctly, the only american car in the top ten most reliable vehicles is a buick, but it doesn't mean they are all reliable.

Back