You can type here any text you want

H D Actuator

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Full Throttle. I recently got a Precision HD version from them that has the bend in the actuator rod. In my set-up, the bent actuator rod is by far superior to the old, straight type version. Plus, it was Precision.

I've run up to 27# with a standard actuator with a MBC. You don't need a HD...

How much boost you running?

Seems to top out at 22 but I have a mbc (which may not be as effective as hoped) and I have tested the actuator and seems ok. Any advice on better mbc system or ???

First hook it tuner style... Set your preload to 14# with the actuator? Then hook up your MBC. Then adjust the boost upward with the MBC...

Hallman makes a nice MBC... Addictive Performance sells them for around $80- $90 on eBay... Doubt it the MBC though... probably need a little more preload on the actuator...

Above is the proper way to set boost.. if you want to run 24-27#...

Try turning the actuator rod IN 1 turn...that should give you 23-24#. You might need 2 turns to get to 26#...but 1 turn IN at a time so you don't over boost it. Leave the MBC alone.

Are u talking 1 turn from loose or from the 1/8th tight as so many refer to? I have it turned app. 3 turns with mbc full in and still 22 ? 23 max based on powerlogger. Can only imagine the power at a true 25 which is what my E-85 TT chip calls for...........

No, similar style with spring and ball and hex screw to adjust, seems to only add small difference.

Expect boost spikes with the HD actuator. You want a light spring in the actuator and boost controller. The 49 turbo never would need a HD actuator. You want 1.1 bar ... coverts to approximately 16 psi. You want to set your preload about half of your desired boost level. 30# , 14-15# would be ideal. Preloading the F*#@ out of the actuator is not the way to do it.. Many times if you have too much preload on the actuator you'll see a slight spike in boost pressure prior to the wastegate opening before it drops and settles to the desired level. Its leads to higher egt's and higher cylinder pressure.

Last edited:
Back