You can type here any text you want

HA! Now THIS is more like it.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Snorman

Boosted.
After getting thumped up by a modded (cammed, blown) 1st gen Lightning a week or two ago, I've been a bit hesitant to participate in any...uh...street encounters.
Since that little escapade, I've put on a Kirban inlet bell, Poston's base lid and have been splashing some 100 octane in the tank.
Tonight, I was cruising 37 before meeting up with some of the local guys. I ended up next to a 5.0 LX coupe at a light. The car definitely had a cam and exhaust, a big monster tach on the dash and a set of Flows and probably a few other bolt-ons. Two kids in the car, they both looked over at me on their left. At the first light, it goes green, and I'm at 1-2psi. I leave very cleanly, he also comes out clean, but I'm pulling. The 'ole 200R bangs 2nd, and he's at my bumper. Into 3rd and he's about 1/2 car back. Hmmm...this TR stuff ain't so bad. ;)
We head to the light at the bridge, make the U-turn and head back west. A girl in a turbo DSM joins the fun on the three lane road at another light. From my vantage, the DSM had a set of DR's on the front (it looked like an Eclipse GS-T), a fart pipe and some gauges. I'm in the middle lane. I saw the cross light turn yellow, and once it hits red, I brake it up to 1-2psi. On the green, I hit another perfect launch (on these crappy Dunlop D65's). Into 2nd, the DSM is about 1/2 car off my bumper and the 5.0 is in the same spot on the right side. Into 3rd, and I've creeped out to a car on the 5.0. The DSM starts to pull even, and at ~90 we shut down. A friend in his S10 SS was following, and told me the DSM ran low-14's before "a bunch of mods". I'm guessing it's faster now.
Today I ordered the Racetonix Walbro 340 kit. Once it's in, I'm going to pick up 93 and 100 octane chips and an adjustable wastegate actuator, then a set of DR's.
Now I'm a little more happy. ;)
S.

:eek: DAM u r racing with out a pump up grade? Man u r crazy good kill never the less.

I was down there sat, night stomping everything I raced. It is good fun down there a lot of fast cars. The only ones I have lost to are the ones in the parking lot after the light with the chevy dealer, going towards seaside it would be on the left. It is like a car show there at least 50-75 cars every sat. night around 11-12 and races normaly start 2-3am.

One of the two guys that beat me where there, we meet up and went to the local "strip" at 2:30-3am and he had to check his car because of over heating "or turn the NOS without me knowing" and by the time he got there and we were getting ready to line up the cops came. :( oh well revenge is on the way soon for both my losses. One 87 GN and the 75 Vette with according to him no NOS.

You should stop down this sat. night I will be there again looking for revenge. I am always with my friend in "his" (my old lightning) it is a blk 2k and I will be in my 86 GN.

Raist,
I think you're talking about the Dollar Store parking lot, right across from the Saturn dealer.
We often hang out there, although I wasn't out on Saturday because I had family at the house.
Was the 'Vette you raced silver? That's Jerry's car.
And I think I know who raced you in the GN. He's on this board.
You are correct...there are some fast cars around here. I'll be going after a few of them when the Mustang is back together. ;)
I'll probably be out Saturday. My car is medium grey metallic with a bench seat and a column shifter (come think of it, it's probably the only medium grey metallic Limited-T in Ocean county :)).
S.

Ya it is silver do you know if he does have NOS? he keeps saying no but the car is quick plus he runs et streets and hooks great. I will be there this weekend, I will get there about 11 or 12 and hope to have the vette by 2 beat.

See ya
Don

To be honest, I really don't recall if he has a button on that car. I know that it's a built SB. However, it does hook very well on the street. He had a real nice race against a DSM a few weeks ago.
There are faster cars out there, but that 'Vette seems to run pretty good.
If you're coming looking for him, I'll have to be sure to come out on Saturday.
Are you the guy who showed up with a set of slicks in the trunk?
S.

Back