Had a disappointing night.

I bought a bone stock car early this year. It was a total pooch from day 1. It would not do a burnout in a puddle of water. I did V/C and Intake gaskets which led to a list of other stuff. Here is some of the things I did. new sensors, 160 Therm, New Fuel pump, 60's, TT Chip for 18psi, RJC Powerplate, up and mass air pipe, 9" filter, Cat delete pipe, plugs, RJC wires and Turbonetics boost controller set around 18psi.

After getting this stuff all ironed out the car is now much faster. It will smoke the tires or if I just hit it while rolling it will mid spin pretty good and chirp 2nd pretty hard. I thought for sure this car could go mid to low 13's on an easy run and maybe 12.99 with slicks and a killer launch. Those were my goals.

so I take it down the track. I leave with 0-1psi and it goes 14.0 at like 96 or something. I was of course very disappointed. I almost didn't run it again but what the hell. I left this time with about 2-3 psi and really didn't get much if any tire spin and it went 13.80 at 97 mph. 1.98 60ft.

The car is on regular street tires and scanmaster shows 780-810 and 0 KR.

Any suggestions on where to go from here? I didn't think I should have to crank the boost to 20+ and put slicks on to go 13.50 lol. Two things I'm considering is the dump was closed and going through a $2 single Walker Dynomax muffler. Also, It seems to be shifting around 5600 which seems pretty high for a bone stock motor. I thought 5000 is more appropriate.

FWIW, I bought my first turbo t in '93. With some help and advice from friends with GNs I was soon running 12.40@108 with just chip, High octane fuel,dump tube, stock injectors, stock turbo and 20# boost with slicks. And a lot of seat time! You will get there, just get that seat time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Throw a set of 981 valve springs on it and a pair of slicks and Powerlogger. Now...this is where most fall down. Erics chips are notoriously rich in low gear fuel. You'll need to drag the low gear 02's to around 770 and pull the high gear 02's down to around 770-780. The car will spool faster and come off the line like there's no tomorrow.

Do you have a data log of what the rpm was when you went through the traps at 96? Could he slipping...

Is the trans flairing between shifts?

What size exhaust and what is the configuration of that dynomax muffler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk