Had my baby out for some fresh air today

1600 time slips.....:eek:

Wow , that's alot more than I have. What times did she run ?

Funny thing, even after all those runs and after all those years, the car still runs as strong as it ever did, the only failure that I ever had was in Bakersfield 1996, running in the same lane right after a Ken Duttweilers hot pass, having my tires chatter (big boost launch with slicks) and I broke my engine torque strap which knocked off my fuel pump hot wires and killed the car 50ft out...I was towed off the track in front of hundereds of spectators, but it was an easy fix and I was back next round...

Many may not believe this, but she still has the original untouched stock powerplant ( now @ 67,000 miles) everything I have done is add-on performance additions, no internal motor stuff. The tranny was rebuilt once in 95' and the rear diff is original thats it.

I never wanted to add a roll bar to this car and because I ran mostly NHRA braket racing with this car I always had to comply with the rules, years ago I wasn't allowed to run faster than 11.99 and when I competed I ran 12.0's (all day) in recent years this has been lowered to 11.49 so I can run 11.5's all day. This has all been done with BFG drag radials at 4-5 lb launches and 23 lbs boost thru the run ( 50/50 mix VP 116/Chevron 94 fuel)

I would say that I'm at the limit with this car and with current set-up that I have done ( fuel system, turbo, etc.) I had run the best of a 11.36 @ 117 but that was a great temp day, with terrific traction (sea level -200ft day)

My original goal years ago was to have a fast street car and consistant winning race car within a budget. I raced NHRA Division 6 "hardcore' for 9 years and was in the top 10 points for 5 ( rememeber TNN Firestone series ?)
Over the years the class has changed names many times from the original "Heavy Class" to the "Pro or Sportsman Classes"

I have been lucky to race with / meet / and have performance parts on my car from legends like Red Armstrong / Connely / Ken Duttweiler / John & Marka Galina and many more Turbo GN. We have also had a strong GN race club here in BC since 93' at times we have had 100+ members, many of which have very fast cars and a ton of knowledge.

Great sport, great car...most likely why I keep her and continue to enjoy the drive with this fantastic "turbo" car.

Attachments

• 100_0892 (Small).JPG
    100_0892 (Small).JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 260
  • 100_0959 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    100_0959 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 245
  • Sept06 067 (Small).jpg
    Sept06 067 (Small).jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 236
What's up with the "duck"? What year and what size? I had an 02' 748S that I fitted an older 919 into. Marchesini magnesium wheels carbon everything and Ohlins. Loved that machine. Jon Hanson