You can type here any text you want

hai guis

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Okay, the connector wasn't broken, I just thought it was. I plugged that in, and it ran awesome. Then I turned it off, waited a few hours and then it wouldn't start unless I used starting fluid. NOW that's the only way I can get it started.

BUT, I think I know why. When I was taking off the fuel filter in the front of the carb, I twisted the line and it's all bent, almost like a right angle type of crease. I also noticed when I was trying to start it, that there was no fuel going into the carb when I would press on the gas. Another thing is that, when I go to try and start it, it runs for awhile, but only as long as I'm holding down on the gas, I let off and then it dies, and eventually doesn't start again. It will run fine if I start it with starting fluid though.

Tomorrow I am going to replace that section of the fuel line, everything else is good now except for the "not starting" problem.

Now there's nice little tid-bit of info everybody including yourself could have used right away. Would have saved a lot of useless troubleshooting and posts.
Seems you've found your problem.

Okay well it somehow managed to start up and I got it home...
When it started up it was spewing white smoke like crazy, but its raining and 35 degrees here so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
Also it was idling insanely high once it started, the whole way home.....And made a super bad sounding clunk when I took it out of park to go in reverse.
I also see that I have a wire in the engine that looks like the clip is broken and it's not hooked up to anything.
Are they any electrical wires on the passenger side of the carb? I have this shiney metal piece on the carb that nothing is hooked up to, but looks like something should.

I am unsure of the other items but you mentioned in a previous post that you put seafoam in the intake. that would be the cause of the excessive white smoke i would think.
that what my car did when i did the seafoam treatment.
thanks
Jim

Yea i think it's still spitting stuff out from the seafoam, but I feel that it was partially due to how rich it was running too. We'll now she runs like a champ. As long as I didn't just jinx it.. Ha and I live in superior, WI. I'll have to update that later. Thanks again for all your help guys

Back