You can type here any text you want

Happy with BFG G-force TA KDWS... 1.93 60ft street tires

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Adam Connell

Monster Truckin since 87'
All I have to say is damn! Went to the track last night and layed down two back to back 1.93 60fts on these tires. I have them in the 245/50/16 on GNX copies. I left at 5lbs of boost with no spin the first time, and a little bit of hop the second time. Never had the car hop before! These tires were 129$ a piece and come in many sizes. I ran a best of 12.99 at 106 with 19-20lbs of boost with my combo below. My previous 12.92 was on DRs and pump gas...

I'll be honest, when I install my bags in the back in expecting 1.87-1.9 maybe better...

Also a tip with these tires or any street tires: A standard burnout will do no good on street tires. Get them a bit wet and start them spinning and spin them through the beams and about the 1st 60ft... You will pick up a good deal of traction compound from doing this and warm them up a little. DO NOT burn out through the "groove"... I got told last night that if I screwed up the groove they would throw me out ahahaha. Just straddle the grove and make sure you dont get too sideways. I learned this trick from motorcycle racing where we were only allowed DOT street tires(no DRs either). Seems to work for cars too!

I been struggling with traction myself. I could not get anything better the 1.9's out of street tires. I had a 1.67 60' last Thursday on BFG Drag Radials. Going to real slicks this week and hope for 1.4 to 1.5's with an et of 6.8 to 6.9. I went 7.41 in the 1/8th at 93mph. That should be a 11.60 in the 1/4 but we only have 1/8 mile tracks around here. Goal is 1/4 mile with mid 10's.

Ya thats about all Im expecting out of street tires... The best I have heard out of anyone is lower 1.8s so I figured 1.93s were pretty darn low. I was just happy that they were hooking up reasonably well for me! Im just really liking these tires, probobly one of the best investments so far!

you can keep those BFGs
1.42s on mickey thompson ETstreet radials (dot legal)

Ya but those are drag radials... I got down to 1.70s on my DRs... you missed the point these are street tires that will last 20,000 miles+ with lots of burn outs and screwing around. Anyone can put on drag radials, but finding a decent street tire is a rare thing... Also drag radials in the rain are scary as hell...

You guys are missing the point. A REAL street tire that performs well, AND you can turn at speeds with. (Dont try that w/ ET streets) AND you can get good mileage from. BFG has a "best of both worlds" tire. Great #s on a real daily radial, and thanks for the post telling their success.

I bought some 245/50/16 BFG g force KDWs for my Camaro a couple years ago. They were a definite improvemnt in traction over the tires thet came on the car. I liked them quite a bit.

My best was 1.81 60ft on 275/40/17 Mastercraft Avenger ZHP's. My secret? My dragradials were still in the trunk.:wink:

Back