Hardtop/Cloth TTA Needs New Home

hiballin

Bettie is the boss
After 4 years of ownership, I’ve decided to let my Hardtop/Cloth TTA go to a new caretaker. As you know, there are only 15 of these in the world. This car is a survivor in every way with lots of documentation. I know the car’s complete history since new. The current mileage is just under 28,000. The interior still smells new and looks the same. The paint is nice and glossy and the rear spoiler is mint. Passenger side ¼ panel has been resprayed. The wheels are beautiful with no clear coat issues. A replacement set of Goodyear Gatorbacks were mounted on them in 2005, and they look like new and have no signs of aging.

This car has no modifications other than a Turbo Tweak chip, a breather on the driver side valve cover to keep the intercooler clean, and a test pipe in place of the cat. Original A/C cat is in nice shape and was perfectly serviceable when removed last year. The exhaust is original except the intermediate pipe which was replaced last year due to a rust hole at the first bend past the cat.

I purchased it from the original owner back in 2006. He was a TTA enthusiast and specifically sought out a hardtop model from the get go back in 1989 because he didn’t like T-tops. He pampered the car since new, using it mainly for pleasure driving and racking up only 21,870 miles in 17 years. At the age of 65, he decided to let the car go, ending my 2 year search for a Hardtop TTA.

The car will come with an extra set of near mint WS6 wheels and center caps that have modern BFG rubber mounted on them. I use the original wheels with the Gatorbacks for show purposes only.

I’m asking $35k for the car which is a very fair price considering it’s rarity. This car has been pampered since new, I want to see it go to a good home. PM me or call 563-590-3559 to discuss the car further. I’m located in Iowa about 15 min from a regional airport.

Attachments

• DSCF5047col.jpg
    DSCF5047col.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 2,421
  • DSCF1886col.jpg
    DSCF1886col.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 2,412
  • DSCF1569col.jpg
    DSCF1569col.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 2,404
  • DSCF5586tb.jpg
    DSCF5586tb.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 2,411
  • DSCF5588tb.jpg
    DSCF5588tb.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 2,414
One of my dream cars to own. Only one of 24 hardtops, good luck with the sale. Wish I had the cash

this is a car i'd love to own, anyone want to buy a T or GN?? :biggrin::biggrin:

Why was the rear quarter repainted?

Thanks for the kind words so far fellas. I’m not 100% on board with selling this car, it’s a good one. How often do you get to be the second owner of a base-model 20th Anniversary Trans Am.

The right rear ¼ was re-sprayed after a parking lot scrape. There has never been crash damage inflicted to this car. The damage happened at the first owner’s parts store when he was leaving for home. No sheet metal work was needed and the bumper was not touched. I see no signs of hammer marks on the inside of the ¼. The blend is at the upper body line down to the ground effects. The ground effects were untouched and like the rear bumper, have their original finish from the factory. The work was done in the early 90’s, so the color no longer matches perfectly. You can see the difference in shade in my rear ¾ shot.

I forgot to mention that I also have PHS documentation on this car.

Interesting Pictures

Here's a couple pictures that tell some of the car's history. The first shot was taken the day I bought the car in South Carolina. As you can see, there's no fender badge on the car. This was one of the early build cars that went out without the fender emblems.

The second shot shows the California plate the original owner personalized for the car. He was kind enough to pass it along with the car. I will do the same of course.

Attachments

• TTA Left tb.jpg
    TTA Left tb.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,824
  • DSCF2296tb.jpg
    DSCF2296tb.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,827
Interior, Underhood Pictures

Here's some more pictures for those considering adding this car to their stable.

Attachments

• DSCF5578tb.jpg
    DSCF5578tb.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 1,635
  • DSCF5577tb.jpg
    DSCF5577tb.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,639
  • DSCF5579tb.jpg
    DSCF5579tb.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,634
New Price

New price on the TTA... $33,500/offers. Call 563-590-3559 for details.

Attachments

• DSCF5601tb.jpg
    DSCF5601tb.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,320
I really hate to see you sell this car Bob.

Seen this car in person and it is NICE!!! Pics are not doing it justice!

I really hate to see you sell this car Bob.

Seen this car in person and it is NICE!!! Pics are not doing it justice!

Thanks for the kind words Bo, good to see you getting back into TBs.:smile:

Ya, I'm not really thrilled about selling, but I have too many cars that need to be pampered right now. I'd like to have something that I can leave dirty and not feel guilty about it.

We'll see... No one is stepping up to buy so far, if it doesn't sell I'm ok with it.

Attachments

• DSCF2535cr.jpg
    DSCF2535cr.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,085
Nice looking example of a hard top TTA for sure. Wish I had the room and funds that also is one of the TTA's I'd like to ad one day. I too have to many cars that need pampering as well. Perfect condition and mileage! If it don't sell make sure you bring it out to the TTA reunion next year in Ohio. I'd love to see it in person. We will have a special area for the more rare birds like yours! I'll also tell you the real reason why those fender badges were missing. I didn't have anything to do when they came out I can tell you that much. :cool:

If it don't sell make sure you bring it out to the TTA reunion next year in Ohio. I'd love to see it in person. We will have a special area for the more rare birds like yours!

Hmm... is this TTA reunion a stand alone event, or part of a larger show?

Hmm... is this TTA reunion a stand alone event, or part of a larger show?

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-trans-am-tech/308417-2011-pontiac-turbo-trans-am-reunion-hebron-ohio-7-30-2011-a.html

It's in conjunction with the BPG (Buick Performance Group) event that is there every year. Every year they run a different theme event. This year is a Stage 1 convention. Next year will be Turbo Trans Am reunion and T-type/Limited reunion. The track is huge with plenty of racing going on. They reached out to me and went out of their way to offer the TTA's a reunion finally. There will be people there that had their hands on while the TTA's were being built. There will even be a guy there who test drove each and every one of them. We'll have some tech sessions with these people and a Q&A session with many of those involved. I have another special guest coming who was a big part in the TTA's that I'm going to post about later. There is over 100 TTA's confirmed coming already. The vert and several hardtops as well. It will be a once in a life time event I'm sure and if your a TTA owner or enthusiast this is the event you and your TTA don't want to miss.

As folks are always selling TTA's I even was thinking of making a section of the pits where we could park all the TTA's that are for sale to draw in people who are looking to buy one. Would be like a shopping market of TTA's. Subscribe to that link I posted and if you still have the car I hope to see you and the car there in 2010! I scheduled the event that far in advance so everyone has time to get a tow vehicle and trailer to get to the event.

I'll also tell you the real reason why those fender badges were missing. I didn't have anything to do when they came out I can tell you that much. :cool:

well do tell us :p A lot of them didn't have the side fender emblems including the one my wife bought new. Oh she got 2 sets.. one set from the dealer (showed up a month or to) and another set from PAS a few weeks after she got the car. I liked it better without them as guys wouldn't know what just kicked their ass. BUT she was pissed they were not on the car so ya it did get em put on. :biggrin:
Beautiful hardtop car here !!! good luck with the sale :cool:

well do tell us :p A lot of them didn't have the side fender emblems including the one my wife bought new. Oh she got 2 sets.. one set from the dealer (showed up a month or to) and another set from PASS a few weeks after she got the car. I liked it better without them as guys wouldn't know what just kicked their ass. BUT she was pissed they were not on the car so ya it did get em put on. :biggrin:
Beautiful hardtop car here !!! good luck with the sale :cool:

Be in Ohio next year Dan and you'll not only get that answered but you'll be surprised how many mystery questions will be answered about these cars. After that Q&A session there will be no more questions and no more mystery about them! Did you plan on going next year Dan? I mean Jan Larrson is even flying in from over the pond to attend! Bring the wife! I'm sure she would be happy to see a sea of TTA's again. :cool:

Be in Ohio next year Dan and you'll not only get that answered but you'll be surprised how many mystery questions will be answered about these cars. After that Q&A session there will be no more questions and no more mystery about them! Did you plan on going next year Dan? I mean Jan Larrson is even flying in from over the pond to attend! Bring the wife! I'm sure she would be happy to see a sea of TTA's again. :cool:

I could be dead by then :p not curious enuff to go to see why my car didn't have the emblems. :eek: Should be a cool seeing all the TTAs at one time though.

New Price

If anyone is on the fence thinking of this car, I've lowered the price to 30K.

I figuer if I can't sell it for 30K, I'll just keep it tucked away for later.

563-590-3559

Attachments

• DSCF2123tb.jpg
    DSCF2123tb.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 683