You can type here any text you want

Harley pickup.......

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Captain Mark

We got together on a normally busy street here in town. He saw me coming up behind him and started flashing his brake lights. I pulled up next to him and gave him the thumbs up, because I really like those trucks. I wasn't really sure if we were gonna race or not, but he punches it from about a 40mph. After he punches, I punch, but we really couldn't get anything going because of traffic. I could here his supercharger sucking air. As hard as it pulled it was definitely not stock. We got into traffic and I had to turn off. He rolled his window down and waved. Maybe I'll run into him again.

I have seen these trucks at the local 1/4 mile track, and some of those things run pretty well. I know a guy right now that has one dyno-ing close to 500 hp!

Stock they are slugs. Just an n/a 5.4, not supercharged or anything. All you are paying for is a bunch of stickers

Dont understand how you heard a supercharger unless it had a Whipple or something on it

not sure if i am right or not but i thought the new ones (2002-2003's) were supercharged i think it is a detuned lightning engine in them

2002/2003 Harley Davidson F150

From Ford web site:

"Supercharged and intercooled 5.4-liter Triton SOHC V-8 engine rated at 340 hp @ 4500 rpm, 425 lbs.-ft. torque @ 3250 rpm"

From Motor Trend:

"Performance is handily addressed with the installation of a slightly de-tuned Lightning powertrain. The 5.4L SOHC V-8 uses the same supercharger as the SVT model, but a larger pulley slows the blowers rotation speed, reducing the boost. The net result is 40 fewer horses than the Lightning-but still 80 more than a stock F-150 with the 5.4L engine."

"0-60 mph, 6.2 sec"

I think this should be good for high 14's 1/4 mile time. I think the newer Harley Davidsons that are supercharged (since 2002) are all supercrew (4 door) and the older ones were extended cab only with a standard 5.4L engine. Should be easy to tell the difference.

murph

Sorry didnt realize the new ones were s/c. Guess Ford got a lot of complaints and addressed it

Yes I saw one the other day and it says "supercharged" under the Harley emblem.

The HD edition does have a SC, but its not near a Lightning in Performance.

Originally posted by TTA89
The HD edition does have a SC, but its not near a Lightning in Performance.

You are correct in it's stock condition. But like I said above, I have seen a couple that were modded and hauled a$$. I would love to have one.....you know...to haul the family around.:cool:

There is one that is hopped up down here in south Fla that I tangled with, I could not get by him 3 plus times I tried. It freakin rolls..... beware of them. Ford is getting their supercharged act together...come on GM force feed something other than diesel or front wheel drive. :confused:

No........GM sells us an overweight slug called the SilverRODO SS. :mad: They are more interested in selling you an SUV or econo-slug. Real sad. RIP GM. No more real performance cars for the people who can't afford a Vette, or the upcoming overpriced Monaro, OPPS.........I mean GTO. Fords looking better and better everyday. Flame suit on.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by vettekilr
FORD STILL SUCKS!!!!! I'D RATHER PUSH MY GN THAN DRIVE A FORD.

Give me a break... So what your saying is that you would buy an inferior product because its made by GM, even though at this point in time Ford builds better cars and trucks? Thats one of stupidest things I have ever heard :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

yeah ford is not my # 1 choice. But, unfortunately they all break down about the same..at least my luck. It seems it is always something.
My mentality is they work between breakdowns!!!

I wish GM had the variance of models Roush, SVT, Bullit, Harley, Eddie Bau??, Nieman Marcus, etc.
And, the rear wheel drive platform in other than a truck and the Vette.

Come on GM get it together
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by stroked347
Of course you would push a GN, you guys are used to it already! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Is someone here fantacizing(sp) about GN's again,,you have to ask yourself ,,why are you here,,

your a secret GN lover;) ;) :rolleyes:

Back