Harper's racing?

rickyracer01

Has anyone dealt with Rick from Harper's racing? I plan on having a 109 built soon and wanted to see if anyone had any good feedback. He's located here in South Florida which is great for me. Spent a lot of money on parts and want it done right the first time.

Has anyone dealt with Rick from Harper's racing? I plan on having a 109 built soon and wanted to see if anyone had any good feedback. He's located here in South Florida which is great for me. Spent a lot of money on parts and want it done right the first time.

Go north to Tampa and see Don Cruz

image.png

Can build anything you need and has proven record

If you want to stay in south Florida go see Freddy (954)567-3470.
I don't want to start bashing Rick, but I had a bad experience with him many years ago. Save yourself the aggravation.

What are your goals | hp? I am waiting on funds to build a 109 also. Curious to your results and who you go with. Keep us posted.

Last edited:
Go with Fred. He has done a bunch of work on 3 of my Buicks and 2 of my brothers Buicks. Never any issues.

I ended up going with Cruz performance. I have a stock bore 109. The build consist of gn1 crank, monlar rods, diamond pistons, rjc girdle, 210-215 roller cam kit, ported iron heads, precision 6266 turbo.

Glad to here you chose a guy with rep behind him .Ricky good luck it's good to spend the little more for peace of mined .never had anything done buy them but all I hear are good things .

W
I ended up going with Cruz performance. I have a stock bore 109. The build consist of gn1 crank, monlar rods, diamond pistons, rjc girdle, 210-215 roller cam kit, ported iron heads, precision 6266 turbo.
pretty much exact build I have waiting . Did they build the complete long block ?

Jeff at Trackside in Pompano did my rebuild after Cal Hartline totally screwed my motor up and it's been great. Dave at J&J in West Palm is nearer me these days and I rely on him for everything. I would use either one depending on where you are closest to. Good luck