You can type here any text you want

Has anbody run into this before? Pushrods touch valve cover rail

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The holes are a lot different than a SBC and I want to look at a Buick with the tool for comparison sake

The Buick holes are round and deep. Basically a bore. Most SBC's have a radiused rectangular opening. Doesn't that tool take advantage of the parallel sides to clock the tool and keep the hole square with the existing opening?

Earl I think you are correct but I don't have a Buick head around to compare. I will check it out when I have time and report back. The SBC heads were elongated at one time and then were just a round hole, so the tool worked real good especially on the vortec style heads.

I had the same problem with an early set of GN1's, I thought they would have fixed the push rod to head rubbing by now. I had to hog out every push rod hole (T&D shaft system, 1:55 rockers,). I think thats one of the problems the TA heads addressed.

Mike

Earl I think you are correct but I don't have a Buick head around to compare. I will check it out when I have time and report back. The SBC heads were elongated at one time and then were just a round hole, so the tool worked real good especially on the vortec style heads.

Actually you're right... kinda :)

I forgot to consider there are different styles of SBC pushrod holes. Without self centering rockers or guide plates, they have the square sided holes I was talking of.

Back