Has anybody used a Wrenchrat turbo kit?

Header to valve cover clearance?

Hi guys, I finally picked up my Wrenchrat TT system from the shippers today. Your build looks great! In one of the picks, it looks like the headers "cover" the valve cover, looks like the driver's side. I won't be setting my turbos up for a while so I was a little concerned about this. Does it look like you'll be able to pull your valve covers off with the headers installed? I've seen the videos on YouTube, just wanted to get it straight from a builder. Thanks!

Are you guys supporting the turbo assembly with brackets? I'm wondering about the full weight of the headers/turbo being held up with only the header bolts into aluminum heads.

The exhaust it the only support for the turbos, and I know it will be more than enough. Very sturdy..

The Valve covers look like they can be removed with the headers in place, but I wouldn't want to have to do it all the time, I.E. valve adjustment on a solid lifter cam. But I have not tried yet, because of no need to.

Hi guys, I finally picked up my Wrenchrat TT system from the shippers today. Your build looks great! In one of the picks, it looks like the headers "cover" the valve cover, looks like the driver's side. I won't be setting my turbos up for a while so I was a little concerned about this. Does it look like you'll be able to pull your valve covers off with the headers installed? I've seen the videos on YouTube, just wanted to get it straight from a builder. Thanks!

you should think about getting a set of slanted type profile valve covers . it may make life a little easier for you with this kit if you plan on pulling them off and on for whatever reason . . :)

Attachments

• !CFjT4zgCGk~$(KGrHqF,!lEE1F17yTw2BNVeFbKEGw~~_12.jpg
    !CFjT4zgCGk~$(KGrHqF,!lEE1F17yTw2BNVeFbKEGw~~_12.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 474
Here is a link to the Worklog I have on a local board, this encompasses the whole build not just the WrenchRat kit, so I thougth the link would be better than posting alot of wiring and fuel injection stuff in here.

MidwestSpeedFreaks.com - Login

Looks like you will have to sign up to see the full build, so be fore warned, Sorry.

Here is a link to the Worklog I have on a local board, this encompasses the whole build not just the WrenchRat kit, so I thougth the link would be better than posting alot of wiring and fuel injection stuff in here.

MidwestSpeedFreaks.com - Login

Looks like you will have to sign up to see the full build, so be fore warned, Sorry.

I'm sighed up but link does not take you directly there . what's the subject heading ?

It is in the Worklog section, under "1965 Malibu Twin Turbo"

Thanks for looking.

Drove it up and filled it with E85 today, and tuned up into boost some (8 to 10 lbs modulating with the throttle). Got to find a way to keep the boost below 10 lbs, because this pig don't take long to get going now, but takes awhile to stop... :D

Updated underhood pics, still some cleaning up to do on routing the plug wires better.

68d90352.jpg

d161498b.jpg

d698be07.jpg

AND, plenty of hood clearance.

07afd8c0.jpg

It sounds pretty good, but not too loud, even without any muffers.

Starts real nice(hit the key from outside the car), idles at mid 14's AFR, revs clean, Getting to where this car could be really easy to drive on the street.

Yep, Dan is out driving it now, he took it home last wed. That video is about 3 weeks old.

Still some things to do, but he is out enjoying it before we take it to the dyno, Unfortunatly our local track in in the flooding that is going on in the midwest,and we not be able to go to that track at all this year.

More to come when Dan(the owner of the car) is ready for the dyno.