You can type here any text you want

Has anyone added an auxilary keyed fuse panel to their car?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chris996

I've a new to me TB, that I couldn't be happier with performance wise. Chasing down an electrical issues had me working through a bit of a birds nest with add on wiring, that was tapped directly into the factory fuse panel. I've rewired quite a few boats, and as electronics began to add up, we would add auxiliary fuse panels to keep everything neat and safe. Pretty easy to accomplish as there was not factory harnesses to deal with and space was usually abundant. Has anyone done similar with a Turbo Buick to clean up wiring? Any advice with adding a keyed auxiliary one would be greatly appreciated

Set it up with a relay feed and have the relay turned on by one of the keyed circuits in the factory fuseblock

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I added one of those marine based units you referred to. As you can see I just fastened it to one of my accelerator pedal bolts. The feed wire is connected to one of the IGN slots on the main fuse panel. The ground wire on my system is fastened to the ecm case, which in turn is wired directly to the engine block via a ground stretcher kit on the firewall.

100_0783.JPG

I added one of those marine based units you referred to. As you can see I just fastened it to one of my accelerator pedal bolts. The feed wire is connected to one of the IGN slots on the main fuse panel. The ground wire on my system is fastened to the ecm case, which in turn is wired directly to the engine block via a ground stretcher kit on the firewall.

View attachment 291621
I have the exact same thing as "TurboDave" also wired to one of the "IGN" terminals in the original fuse panel. (y) I grounded it with a bolt under the dash.

Claude. ;)

I have the exact same thing as "TurboDave" also wired to one of the "IGN" terminals in the original fuse panel. (y) I grounded it with a bolt under the dash.

Claude. ;)

I would suggest finding a better ground point. Dash and body are horrible grounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as the ground strap is secure from the engine to firewall the body and dash are good ground points IMO.

I would suggest finding a better ground point. Dash and body are horrible grounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You may be right, bad grounds sometimes happen but in my case, it's been like that for a few years now without any issue…

Claude.

This is how I installed it behind the glove box. Car has AC.

-Modified fuse holder
-10 Ga Fused bat power at starter
-10 Ga Grnd to engine
-Single wire from IGN terminal
-40A waterproof relay
Overbuild for sure but its the last thing to worry about.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20151214_215639.jpg
    20151214_215639.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
  • 20151215_104102.jpg
    20151215_104102.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 87
Back