You can type here any text you want

have a parts list?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbojeep68

where is the best place to find out what i have. just got a partial turbo setup. some parts missing and need to know what all i need.
the two part numbers i have found are 1261620, 25501542 and turbo says "AIResearch". I have the intake but cant see any vin numbers on it yet. I also mave a 76 buick 3.8 and not sure if the turbo will go on it. So where should i start, I want to put this in my jeep?
All i know is it is a carb setup, missing one exast header, carb, crossover and down pipe. other than that i know nothing about the setup or what else i may be missing for that mater.:confused:

the biggest question is where are you located and what year jeep? the 76 engine is an odd fire and won't take most of the mods you're trying to do. You need an 80&1/2 or newer engine. Check the junk yards for a 4.1. You"ll be a lot happier,

I see there is a blower on the top of that motor on the cover. Anybody ever try a blower setup?

My jeep is a 1968 Jeep commando (c101), full width dana 44 front(locker) and rear(limited slip) with 4.11 gears, 18 inches of custom lift, and 40X18X15 micky tompson's. Jeep had a 225 buick but thats long gone and so is the 3 spd and t-case. So i am starting this project over, as far as drive train that is. Dont want to do a small block chev. I like the light weight v6 that was in it so what better upgrade than a turbo v6?

Back