Have you seen any '05 Mustang GT's on the street?

Raven

Here - watch THIS!
What did you think of them? I think they are a gorgeous car and at first, I didn't really care for 'em. But now, they have really grown on me and I would not mind owning one!

Of course, I would rather have an '03/'04 Cobra first but hey, those '05 Mustangs are SHARP!

Opinions?

I've seen them sitting at dealers, but none on the street yet. Awesome looking car, if I had the money, I'd buy one for a daily driver :D

i think they look good, BUT ask me again in 3 years when every other car you see is one, i'll have changed my mind then

I've seen them sitting at dealerships. I think they look great. I haven't seen any on the street yet.

Later,

Steve.

There's quite a few on the streets down here. I think they look pretty good. A couple I saw had the triple "gt 350" type of strip down the lower part of the side which I think looks cheesy, but otherwise I wouldn't mind owning one, but I'd definately want the cobra motor in it.

Neighbor has one, havn't seen it up close though but from what I've seen it looks sharp. I definitely would much rather have a Cobra though, even if they're not as fly of a ride.

I didn't like them until I saw it in person. It's definitely a much higher quality car than the previous generation. Since I'm a previous owner of a 67 fastback and a 69 Mustang convertible I dig the resto look.

James

i dont' really care for them, don't like the spoiler, the foglights in the grille, and they just look unhappy. They are droopy and like the backend was thrown together without much thought. I think there is potential with some aftermarket kits but stock i think they are horrible, especially when you compare them with the current Cobra on looks

We have a few at our dealership and I think they are nice. They run very well:eek: Here are a few things I did not like. Still rides like a Mustang, a little rough and the interior although it looks good is very cheap. The drive-train rocks though. :D

I stopped and looked at a red one at a dealer. SHWEEET! I want to get a GT in a year or two.

The V6 base model I saw had a sticker for $23K

saw a red one last week (V6) and spotted a black GT today, but I was too busy looking at the eye candy that was behind the wheel...god I wish I was a daddy's girl!!!!

oh well, I would have smoked her...;)

i see them daily by me... at least 1 per day kinda odd...

well i do like them and think they are different... i think they are fairly subtle looking and need a more aggressive styling for the front end...

i have seen a black GT with slightly tinted windows and chrome rims... first 1 i have seen altered in any way and it looked pretty nice!

my aunt plans on getting a GT next spring when they offer a convertible... i will have to see its potential then!

Truly awesome cars for the money! 300/300 for a starting prcie of 25000? That is definitely the best bang for the buck as far as a new car is concerned. 0-60 in 4.9 in the test I read....in the automatic! I think it is certainly the best looking Mustang on the road, possibly ever. :eek:

Friend of mine at work bought one a couple weeks ago, supposed to be the first one in Va Beach. Its the GT, I like the outside but I cant stand the inside, I sat in it and its just to blaaa
But, the car does have some nice lines, def nothing like it on the road and very distinctive.
Chevy needs to build the retro Camaro, I like that even better....

everyday in Orange County! They look pretty good, but there still a ford an still a mustang and for that reason I will never get one, ever. ever ever ever ever ever ever. unless it was free then I would sell it after a couple weeks:D

I've seen 4 of them. They are hideous. What a disappointment from the beautiful Mustang concept car that I saw at the L.A. Auto Show 2 years ago. The entire package was so watered down from the concept that it bears little resemblance. Everything about the car is fake and chintzy, like it's trying to be the tough guy on the block but not quite pulling it off. The foglamps in the grille are a good example; same with the fake rear gas cap that really isn't a gas cap. This car makes the '04 Mustang look like a beauty by comparison. Where is barf smiley when I need it? I'd take an older Mustang GT (1989 or so) any day over the new car.

Originally posted by ws6formula50
Friend of mine at work bought one a couple weeks ago, supposed to be the first one in Va Beach. Its the GT, I like the outside but I cant stand the inside, I sat in it and its just to blaaa
But, the car does have some nice lines, def nothing like it on the road and very distinctive.
Chevy needs to build the retro Camaro, I like that even better....

I don't know if that still holds true because I was in VA Beach this past holiday weekend visiting my mother and I saw 3 of them and sat in one of them.
The car is quite impressive and most of what is actually impressive is under the skin. The car has 3 valve heads, aluminum block, 5 speed auto(5R55S) available with a 3.22 1st gear, 3.55 gears, 31 Spline axles, drive by wire, awesome 1K watt stereo option, major suspension upgrades, larger disc brakes than previous years and more that I can't think of at the momment. That is huge for 25K.

Most people that see them don't have a clue as to the major changes Ford made in every major area of the vehicle without increasing the price that much.

I would go price one fully loaded, but it might follow me home. :D