You can type here any text you want

Having a problem here when i checked the adjustment of the valves

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

whitehot1

I went for a drive this morning and the engine was making more noise than usual sounded like it was loading up and misfiring.

I decided to check the cam sensor setting and it looks good,also the tang is still there holding the reluctor in place.

I then decided to check the adjustment of the valves and rocker arms and ensure i did it on #1 at TDC. I made sure it was, and checked them using this procedure in this thread.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/237224-preload-w-tds.html

I used this procedure when i first set them to.

When i checked them today i did the visual on the drivers side first and it looked good but when i did the visual on the passenger side it looked like all the valves were closed on all cylinders 2,4,6

Is this possible?

The intake on #2 and exhaust on #6 should be closed going by the procedure in the link above.

Could the comp 853 lifters cause this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

John

It appears that the lifters bled off more on the passenger side than on the drivers side.

That was making me think i had a problem with them since i had never had the valve covers off before after installing the roller cam and didn't realize how much they bled off after sitting a while and they never make any noise when i start the engine.

All is good now with the lifter issue i thought i had.

Now to find the cause of my misfire. :eek:

John :)

I pulled my plugs out yesterday morning and they were fouled, so i cleaned and reinstalled them.

Started the engine and ran it for 20 minutes, removed the plugs again and found fuel on 4 of them.

I pulled the injectors out and dropped them off at a local shop at 8:15 AM to be serviced, they were done at 11:30 AM

2 of the injectors were stuck open and i suppose 2 more were leaking but after they sonic cleaned and replaced the internal filters they were like new again.

I installed them about an hour ago and the misfire and loading up that i had is gone now and the car is running good again. :D

Now on with the tuning. ;)

John :)

Back