You can type here any text you want

Having troubles with Gen 7

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo90gt

Hello and thanks for having this forum. I would like to introduce myself and my car first. My name is Ken and I live in Las Vegas, NV. I have a 1990 mustang gt (I know it is not a Buick but figured someone might be able to help) with a 351w and a 70mm turbo. I am running a gen 7 with version 4.0 calmap and a 3 bar map sensor. I am also using their dual sync distributor so I can run sequential. Anwyas, I can get my car to idle fine, but it smells extremely rich. When I rev the motor, it backfires out the exhaust pretty badly. I have an lc-1 wideband but don't know how to hook it up with the gen 7. That is my first question. Secondly, I don't know how to lower the richness and get it to quit backfireing. I know this is a very vague post but if anyone could help me with these two issues I would be much indebted. Would love to talk to someone over the phone about these issues if anyone is willing to help. Thanks in advance and let me know what you know.

Regards,
Ken

I will try that. I appreciate your help. This forum is starting to make me want a GN. Maybe one I finish this pos mustang. haha

Ken

Back