You can type here any text you want

head bolt sealant and cometics?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

462ci

Im new to the v6's and kind of screwed up when installing my heads, I didnt realize that i needed sealant on the head bolts till after i had installed and talked to a buddy:confused: My question is first what sealant should i use on the head bolts(not studs) and second can i take the head off to clean the moly out of the holes and off the bolts and still use the head gaskets again ( cometics) or would i be better to take one bolt at a time out and try to clean out with the heads on.Not sure if i screwed myself in regards to the head gaskets but figured i would ask for some input here. Thanks for any input you can give me.

Yes you can reuse the Cometics. Use a teflon type paste sealant on the bolts if they are not TTY bolts. New bolts must be used if they are TTY.

ALot use the teflon paste
I prefer the Permatex#2 it is way more tenacious stays pliable put seals like mother

Both will work just make sure to get the right teflon paste if u choose that route

Back