You can type here any text you want

Head gaskets

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MNcarbturbo

What's Fuel Injection?
Is there a replacement stock head gasket for the carb turbos? I pulled the steel shims out of mine and got fiber fel-pro ones in my kit. The fiber ones are way thick but I havnt blown one yet with no knock retard system so thats good.

When I pull my engine out this summer again for a new cam/head gaskets should I just go with some fel-pro 1000's and get the heads milled or buy the stock ones?

When I search for right headgaskets I get 86/87 ones or N/A ones. Kinda frustrating.

Discontinued those wonderful steel shim headgaskets are. What a bummer too. Yep a lot of people use what you said. or I can recommend felpro 8441pt I've used several sets of these and have only blown one with some VERY bad detonation on my old drawthru setup using stock headbolts. But I've never blown one otherwise and have ran 20 psi while spraying 100 shot of N20 on these gaskets on my just removed old blow thru '83 block and it still has stock head bolts on it, They are brand new though I'll put a new set of bolts in every time they are cheap from felpro.

You can get them but you'll pay about $60 apiece for them. I think RJC racing and Arizona GN has them if you really want them.

$120 for head gaskets is too much. Would rather run Fel-pro 1000 and have the heads machined. Anybody know the difference in height from a shim to 1000?

Don't know about the shim type but the info for the 1000's is: compression volume 7.8cc and it's .0375 thick.

Back