You can type here any text you want

head gaskets

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

esm

can i use cometic head gaskets even though i didnt have my block decked
-- engine just came out of the machine shop and want to used good gaskets--thanks

I used them, no prob so far. Clean everything real good and I used copper spray on both sides on the HG. RTV around the coolant ports on the block and the head. Torqued to 80 with ARP studs and Molly.

A couple tips

Pop out one rivet and coat each layer with copper spray. Put a small bead of silicone on each layer around the water jackets. You should then have no problems. ;)

Remember, what worked for williamsGN may not work for all. For best results, Cometics require a very flat and very smooth surface on both the block and heads. A search will result in many posts/threads about using Cometics and warnings associated about skipping some important preparation steps.

Feel free to call Greg at JMS racing engines - they've been building race motors since '73, he will explain you DO NOT need the 50RA prep to make these gaskets seal.

Back