You can type here any text you want

head question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
A friend of mine picked me up a set of aluminum s2 heads down at the PMI show in Cincinati.They have springs and locks and valves.I only paid 400.$ for them.Is this a good price or no? They are all ported and flow awesome too.

This is debatable. I had S2 heads for my project, yes they flow great, however IMO i think they flow to much on the street and to maintain AC and all the street goodies, there are some mods that need to be done to the heater box ATR sells this piece and numerous other people. With that said i sold my S2 heads with a flow chart for $375.00 just to get out of them, you could have gotten them cheaper IMO. Nothing beats a real good set of GN1R heads or wait for TA'S heads, they bolt to the stock block and support all brackets and ac and all that good stuff. Again it depends on your goals, your block, your combo. IMO:)

S2 Heads

I run Stage II heads on my Cobra's normally aspirated engine.

I also do not have Fuel injection. I run a Holley 1000 Double pumper flowed to around 1070. The car runs just fine on the street. Granted its a 5 speed stick but it doesn't have the torque multiplication of an automatic. These heads let the engine idle at 900 RPM and on a cold start it only takes around a minute for it to idle (with no choke) smoothly.

The Stage II heads are huge but they don't act like it. Maybe someone can explain why they work so well and really shouldn't.

Bob

JMHO, based on experience...
If you cost out the price you pay for a set of GN1's plus peripherals and porting...
...Then compare the initial LOW cost for S2 heads themselves, but factor in the cost for headers and intake (mods to a 4V)...
You just about break even.
As far as accessories, yes, you need to have some sort of support brackets for the back of the A/C, or a new, steel main accessory bracket made ( I didn't. I deleted my A/C. Too much of a hurry. Maybe HR Parts and Stuff could fab some up?)
My ported S2's run extremely well on the street, very responsive on the bottom end with a 222/218 hydraulic roller cam. Neal and I were doing some chip tuning last week, and it's hard to get over how well this combo runs. (96 lb injectors, stock ecm, MAF trans, T-76 BB.)
Plus, the "cool factor" of S2 heads is something to consider. Again, JMHO.

Originally posted by eric schildroth
A friend of mine picked me up a set of aluminum s2 heads down at the PMI show in Cincinati.They have springs and locks and valves.I only paid 400.$ for them.Is this a good price or no?

Yes.

They are all ported and flow awesome too.

Don't know what "flow awesome" translates to exactly ;), but a good port/flow job costs > double what you paid.

Art

Back