You can type here any text you want

Header help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I just put these on my car last month. The headers themselves fit awesome. All the ports and bolt holes line up perfectly. The drivers side goes in easily from underneath, with plenty of room around the steering shaft. The pass side went in easy, but I don't have the AC box in the way. The welds are pretty nice as well. A couple of exhaust ports on the inside needed very minor cleanup work (just a little welding slag)...nothing that 2 minutes with a dremel can't take care of.

The crossover pipe fits nicely too...it clears the oil pan and flexplate cover. The only problem I had with the crossover was that I had a small exhaust leak at the drivers side connection. Being they're V band flange connections, they must be seated flat in order to seal. Mine was off just a hair and couldn't get it to seat flat, about .010" gap on one side....and therefore wouldn't seal up all the way. My solution was to use RJCs ATR Crossover Gaskets. Gaskets <---(scroll to the bottom)

Yes it says it's for ATR headers, but they will work on any V band flange of the same size. That did the trick, and I have NO leaks. You may or may not have to do this as the misalignment on mine was extremely minor. Other than that no cutting, banging, cussing, or rewelding was required.

One last thing on GN1 Performance's customer service....I ordered direct from GN1 to save on shipping as they're only a couple hours away from me. Well he forgot to include the 2 V band clamps that are supposed to be there. I called him up the next day and he sent them out right away. I got them the next day and he even threw in a free T shirt for all my troubles.;)

Hope that helps...

Back