Headgasket choices?

86 TR

Work In Progress
Currently im building another engine. Champion ported irons, roller cam, roller rockers, ported intake, forged steel crank, rods, PT61 turbocharger, F/M intercooler. What would be a good choice for headgaskets. I already ordered head studs.

Would the stock graphite gasket keep this engine sealed up at 24psi boost??? Or maybe go with RJC's gasket set.

How many guys out there are running the stock type graphite HG into the tens??? That is my ultimate goal to run into the 10's hopefully.

Thanks.

To me, if you are going to all the trouble of building a custom engine, I would go ahead and look at such things as piston to head clearance and compression ratio and such, and then try to find a head gasket that meets all your requirements.

I got a pair of the old GM steel shim headgaskets for mine because it gave me a tighter piston to head clearance, which might be worth a little something depending on the shape of your piston top, while still giving a reasonable compression ratio. True, my static CR is a little higher than stock, but it isn't all that high, and the dynamic compression ratio ends up almost exactly the same as stock since I have a bigger than stock cam.

John

headgaskets

I just put a set of the cometics on my new motor. Had no water leaks at all, and pleased with the results so far. I have not run a bunch of boost yet, but i will soon. I also used the copper spray on mine to help with the seal. If it was like me i had problems making my choice too.