You can type here any text you want

Headgasket progress pictures

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jcawley3

I blew a headgasket and decided to try and do it myself.....Got started a few days ago, and hit a few bumps (I have never pulled a engine before) I did all I could by myself and then got some much needed help from a few board members...SUPER6 and TURBOCAM...Jeff came to but not sure if he is one here... He was the camera man! anyway just wanted to say thanks again! and post a few pics....

ps Cameron really wanted his picture on turbobuick! he it is bud.VVV

Attachments

• IMG_3143.jpg
    IMG_3143.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 337
A few more

Attachments

• IMG_3128.jpg
    IMG_3128.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_3147.jpg
    IMG_3147.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 319
"hope I remember how this goes back together":cool:

Attachments

• IMG_3138.jpg
    IMG_3138.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_3154.jpg
    IMG_3154.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 329
Time to take it easy...you all should have stayed!

Attachments

• IMG_3157.jpg
    IMG_3157.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 330
Nice garage to work in! Are you planning on any upgrades while your there?:)

I hope you put a dent in that bottle of Jack Daniels AFTER ya'll finished pulling all those parts off.:D

Congrats on the DIY! You will feel much satisfaction when it is back going....

On a side note..... most of the blown head gaskets I have seen are the middle cylinders..... I wonder if everyone else has noticed this?

Your's blew to the inside.... my buddies keep blowing to the outside.... his is #4 .... nearly every time.

damn

that's a lot of parts and people:D i always say mine is never going to run again but some how i get it back together:p give me a hollar John if you need any help......Bob ps Jeff is your bestest buddy but he don't know $hit about these cars;)

Wow, can you come over to my garage and organize all my cans and bottles???? Looks like a supermarket! Think I recognize that MAF pipe.:smile:

Check the bearing on that cylinder and send the injectors out to be cleaned and flowed while you wait on parts. Good Job so far. Looks like it didn't turn your oil into milkshake and blew clean into the valley. Make sure you get all the HG remains out of the engine. HTH!

Wow, can you come over to my garage and organize all my cans and bottles???? Looks like a supermarket! Think I recognize that MAF pipe.:smile:

yes thats your pipe Mark, among other things..... I'm a little bit of a freak about things being in thier place!.... I bet I can find it when I need it:wink:.....

You won't:DCall us when you get your parts and some more p-nuts;)Cameron said thanks for making him famous on turbobiuck..............:cool:

oh I'm sure I will! I may have to put something a little more appetizing o:eek::Dn the grill to get you guys back over! BUT I WILL!

Check the bearing on that cylinder and send the injectors out to be cleaned and flowed while you wait on parts. Good Job so far. Looks like it didn't turn your oil into milkshake and blew clean into the valley. Make sure you get all the HG remains out of the engine. HTH!

No oil looked good..... I will make sure everything is perfect before going back together

Well i can't think of anything to do? what would you do?

I going to go back with arp studs other than that I don't know

Well I guess that would depend on what you want out of your car. If you want 10s it might be the time to so bottom end strenghening.

Well I guess that would depend on what you want out of your car. If you want 10s it might be the time to so bottom end strenghening.

Well I'm really happy with my 11.64 run....I think that's pretty respectable for what I have....I just want to run 25# of boost with no knock and I will be happy....without destroying everything.....If I could do that I think I have a LOW 11 sec car

How do I make sure, I get all of that out? I'm very concerned about this, but not real sure about how to get it all out..???

Good times and friends is what it's all about. If it stops being anymore than that then it's a job that doesn't pay too well. :)

Glad you got some buds to come over and help you out, and teach you a thing or two....

Back