headgasket stuff......wow

drive805

well after much diagnosis i decided to take car apart and see what was up with the head gasket...heres what i found on the driver side....
#5plug was wet and electrode was blackbottom middle head bolts were only torqued to 50lbs ft"only" all other bolts were at 70 lbs ft there isn't a bad spot on the gasket but the ring has a ding in it like maybe the head was dropped on it and one of the headbolts has rust deposits on it like water was getting past it and there are heavy deposits under the valves next to the sparkplug this motor has exactly 3,357 miles headgasket is a felpro but i don't see a part# so i don't know which one it is! will get to the passenger side in the next day or so...i have to figure out how to get to the back two head bolts...anyways just needed to vent a little the builder says he will not cover a headgasket because i might have overboosted it...but i'm going to talk to him tomorrow and see if he will cover his not torquing the head right....we shall see

If you take the rockers off the pass side you can get those head bolts out pretty easy. I couldn't get mine out without taking the rockers out.