You can type here any text you want

Headlight assembly trim color

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNONYX

For 87 Grand National, did the Headlight assembly trim ring came in black color or unfinished metal?

They were a polished stainless steel from the factory.
I've changed mine over to black which blends in nicely with the black headlight housing bezels.

Blasphemy! :D

John,
Then you probably won't like the fact they these changes match my black LED Headlight Housings too!
JW SPeaker1.jpg

The cars do need something to modernize the headlamp system. Old yellow headlight color is dated and inefficient. Too much out there that is trendy (halos,angel eyes, and plenty in spooky/sinister colors). Some sort of LED output without being glaring. Your projectors look ok to me.

For 87 Grand National, did the Headlight assembly trim ring came in black color or unfinished metal?

The ones that came on '86 GN (ordered May '86, picked up July '86) were/ are kind of a semi- gloss / satin black.
IMG_2281.JPG

Was this an '86 vs. '87 thing? Interesting.
No it's not an '86 vs. '87 thing
I'm repairing the header panel and was not sure if the Headlight assembly trim ring came in black color or stainless steel. Thanks for all reply's

3rd gen F-bodys came with factory black trim rings. I've thought about snagging a set for about 15 years to see how they'd look.

Maybe I'll do it tomorrow.

Now you have me wondering why mine came from the factory black, but then again mine came with a slightly black metallic piece between the back window and the trunk lid as well as the '87 X braces in front of the radiator.

There's lots of stories of oddball stuff with these cars when it comes to the parts bins.

Keep in mind the type of 'assembly professionals' that were screwing these cars together in 85/86/87...

There's lots of stories of oddball stuff with these cars when it comes to the parts bins.

Keep in mind the type of 'assembly professionals' that were screwing these cars together in 85/86/87...
Hi Earl,
you're right there must be a lot of stories of oddball stuff these so call assembly pro has done to out TR.
Maybe one of us should start a new thread of the Oddball stuff created by the Buick's Assembly Professions.

Not to high jack my own thread, but this started when the side amber marker lens was missing the T-15 screw so I started to removed the headlight Bezel, and all fastened screws. These header panel being older then a witches tit did not came off right away, so I gave an extra HE-MAN pulled, and removed the header Panel. For some reason these Buick Assembly Pro guys placed some adhesive on the PS fender and some of the header panel was still attached to the fender.
So now this was suppose to be a simple replace the little white plastic nut, and now I'm repairing the header panel.
Now one the oddball stuff Earl is talking about; if you look beyond the header panel you will see my TR DS fender Badges is not install correctly by the Buick Assembly of Professionals.

Attachments

• 20161018_134522.jpg
    20161018_134522.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Holy crap. It's in the wrong place AND the intercooled emblem is on top.

You definitely have a Monday morning car.

Holy crap. It's in the wrong place AND the intercooled emblem is on top.

You definitely have a Monday morning car.
That's funny, and maybe it was an Friday afternoon car when when all of the assembly Pro. had one too many beers working towards the weekend.

That's funny, and maybe it was an Friday afternoon car when when all of the assembly Pro. had one too many beers working towards the weekend.

Possibly. It's not like they could get fired and they were making waaaay more money that the job requires.

Back