Headliner question

BMFBUICK

Any one know where to get one for an 87 GN t-top car. Also is this something I could put in myself or is it better to take it somewhere. Thanks for the feedback and sorry for all the questions.

No need to be sorry for asking questions, that's why this board is here. :cool:

You can do a headliner install yourself but it does take some patience and time. I've done one once, and not on my car but a truck.

I believe your headliner is secured to a piece of removable Styrofoam. Remove the Styrofoam piece and remove the headliner from it...you may have some remaining material that you may have to scour off with a wire brush. Then clean it well and use a good adhesive to secure it to the foam.

Be careful not to use too much adhesive or it may bleed thru the new material.

In many ways working on a t-top car should make it much easier. I replaced mine last summer in a solid roof car and it was a pretty hefty task, didn't help that I pulled my back that same week, so everything I did hurt. I was very thorough and used a sanding disc to remove every bit of old dried adhesive off the board before applying the new stuff.

If you're up for a bit of a challenge then go for it, or avoid the headache and pay someone.

In a T-Top car not that bad. I just did mine. My original foam head liner shell was junk so I picked up the ABS backed replacement shell that some of the vendors carry. Came ready to install just pull the trim and install. This is a little more expensive but nice product and nice fit. Be careful when you remove the metal trim at the rear window, there are retainer clips that hold this in place that are easy to break. If you do break them like I did :mad: they are not hard to find. I think I got all this stuff from G-body.com.