You can type here any text you want

heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbobuick4life

Will stage two head fit a 79 231 block i was told the only difference is the 4 extra bolt holes which i really don't believe i found the heads in the GMPP (general motors performance parts) catalog

Thanx
Chris

Either aluminum or iron S2 head will fit the block you describe......but why? That early block is weak, and it doesn't have provisions for the extra head bolts that make the stage heads desireable.

You would be limited by head gaskets only using 8 head bolts versus the 14 bolts of the S2 head/block

If you are going to use that early block, stick with stock cast iron heads. For just a little money, they can be greatly improved and will make good power.

None of the stock hardware or valvetrain work on S2 heads.

Dave

i will do

i have already had the head machined for hard street use thinking MAYBE i could find a set and do to the reading and post i have seen on this message bored the gn1 heads are sort of expensive so i believe i will just go with an all out race head machining and go from there Thank a lot Chris;) :D

Back