You can type here any text you want

Hello All

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

8AV8OR2

Walking a new road
Well, i am starting down a new road with my new car. I just recently purchased an 84 GN from a guy here in Eastern Canada, and i had bought the car with intentions of building it up over the winter to have a street strip car for next year.

A little bit of history of me, i am one of the top techs at my local Honda dealer, and have been for the better part of seven years now, i have built a lot of Hondas that were very quick, my last was a 430whp 1.8 liter Honda civic with an SC61 turbo @18 psi on pump gas and 525whp @ 25psi on C16. The problem with FWD cars with big power is its really fun to smoke the tires at 80mph, but when you spin half way down the track it really sucks. My best ET was 11.31 in the car, but i was trapping 132 MPH. At that point, i knew i was going in the wrong direction.

I parted out my car, paid some bills, etc, etc, and decided to look for a new project.

I looked at C5 vettes, a couple of camaros, looked at an NSX, but one evening i ran across this one owner GN that was only a few hours from me. I figured this was the best of both worlds, a RWD that was already a stout turbo car and i had always liked them.

Long story short, and im sorry for the ramble...lol, but i have a ton of questions and i find its hard to find information about the cars, so i figured what better place to get informed. My ultimate goal with my last car was to drive to the track, put the slicks on, put some race fuel in, run 10s, and drive home. I never got there, hopefully, i can get there with this car.

As far as fabricating, i do a lot of custom turbo kits for guys up here, mostly Hondas, but a car is a car, i am familiar with modern tuning also but i am unfamiliar with what setups are out there for the ecm on the 84-95.

Anyway, i'll post some pics of the car, its pretty clean, the paint is good for being 25 years old GM paint, the interior is mint, and the undercarriage is perfect. Smokes quite a bit in boost, but im sure the motor is tired and the seals are probably all hard and brittle. Its already marked its territory in the driveway from the rear main...lol

I guess i can't post pics yet, i need four posts....thats an odd rule for a forum

I look forward to all your insight and guidance, thanks

Congrats on the purchase of your Buick. Hope you have fun with it. Also it is good to see more people from New Brunswick on here. I'm am in Saint John.

Good luck with your car. Chris

Back