helmets

Since no one is answering you, I'll take a swing at this. :D I have no idea, BUT why would anyone climb into a race car without safety equipment? :)

I don't need a roll bar-safety equipment-I don't expect to get below the 13 s, so I just wondered

Dean

Dean,

If you run faster than 14 flat they'll be looking for a helmet. I just ordered a new one on Monday as my old SN90-rated helmet is out of date as of '05. I imagine that 455 Skylark of yours will probably do better than 14.00! ;)

HTH,
Morgan
'87 GN, high 10's

Morgan, how do I tell what this helmet is, it is a Bell, looks brand new, mostly cause I haven't used it for a few years. I only used it for a Harley Cafe Racer I had for awhile. I don't see any dates anywhere.

Dean

Dean,

Usually there's a sticker on the back toward the bottom centerline of the helmet that says "SN-90" or something. Or, there can be a label sewn under the lining on the inside; you might have to pull it back to find it. Does that help?

Morgan

Morgan,
I think I will just chance it with my helmet, will the tech people automatically think I can break into the 13s?
I am going to try to get there early like you.
I thought I had a buyer for the Skylark from Iowa but haven't heard from him for a day now, looks like I can take it to Fontana.

Dean

Just tell 'em the car runs 14's ("I just put a motor in it and haven't run here before, blah blah blah, how ya doin' today? blah blah...") ;)