You can type here any text you want

HELP #2! Anyone taken the frame pads off?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HRpartsNstuff

Has anyone taken the stock frame pads off the stock crossmember?

Is it a reasonably easy job, or a bastard job to do???

Thanks again for the help.

im a fast mechanic and i would not rate them fun to do with the motor in the car

george

Do you think it would be worth it to get a good set of Poly motor mounts in there? I know it is more work than just changing the motor mount, but it may be the best way to make them fit & work best. I am looking for some input on this before I get too involved in the design.

My .02

At this point we TTA owners are hosed..the mounts are no longer available..So to answer your question..What ever is easier for you to make is ultimately the best solution cuase we need a mount sooner or latter :)

"If" my mount were broken and needed replacement that required replacing the pad...so be it...like I have a choice :)

Would prefer only changing just the mount if I had a preference...but whatever you come up with...please do so..and put me on your list.Count me in for two mounts

Julio

see energy suspendtion makes a mout that will bolt to the block mount but the frame mount wont work so u could sell thoes mounts with just a new frame mount i made a prototype out of alum but i did not think it would be strong enought so i decided to make one out of steel but i have not got around to it maybe i will if there is realy a calling 4 it

george

Originally posted by TurboTA3.8
see energy suspendtion makes a mout that will bolt to the block mount but the frame mount wont work....

I have heard a rumor of them having something close, but nobody can get me a part # to check it out.

Do you have a part # for this mount???
Thanks.

Originally posted by TurboTA3.8
i have the mounts here i just have to get the pads made

george

There goes that rumor again... :D
Any chance you have the part number on the mounts?

Back