Help a fellow enthusiast...Buick Regal T (V8) market value

323GTX

Hey all,

I am posting this for a fellow enthusiast who is not registered.

He is selling an 87 Regal T (V8 model / non-turbo) I'm interested in buying.

As we all know, a car is only worth what somebody is willing to pay.

But, it's also known that all cars have an "general range" of market value.

I know what a fair price to pay for this car is, but he wants much more.

Here is a basic description...

- 1987 Buick Regal with T Package (non-turbo T) w/ Olds 307 V8
- gray with gray bucket seat interior
- W02 black out package
- 100,000 miles, body is excellent
- one owner, very well kept, lots of documentation
- factory paint is 7 out of 10, starting to fade, starting to show it's age
- interior is a 9.5 out of 10, still has factory plastic on items
- stock and unmolested, very nice G-body to use as flatform for project

Would the GN/T/T-Type Community please give him some feedback.

What do you feel this car is generally worth? Or what would you pay?

This is NOT for me. I already know what it's worth. I want him to see the responses.

Many thanks! :)

1987 T For sale!

I think it's a great car, would love to own it! As for value $2000.00 range max. BUT I would have to look at it. Just my 2 cents! Thanks Mike D.

Thanks for the feedback...

Keep em coming!

I would like to get at least a dozen replies.

Would have to agree with Mike, car spots at $2050 on NADA.com and a premium of $500 if really nice. Bottom line is without the turbo it's just a used car. My $0.02 :cool:

Like Stated Its Not Worth Much Unless Its A Turbo,its A Option That Should Not Of Been Offered,crap Imo..if He Wants More Than $1500 Tell Him To Look At This Board..if He Would Accept It,dont Buy It..save Your Money And Find A Turbo Regal That Was Wrecked,left Outside To Rott.and Restore It...a Wrecked Tr Car Flipped Over And Burried In Mud Is Worth More Than His Car..imo...100k On It?unless It Was Kept Mint With Low Miles(then Still Only Worth Minimal)its Not A Item Someone Would Ever Want..imo..a Tr Car Rotting In Someones Back Yard,still Goes Up In Value Everyday..that Car Kept Mint In The Garage..imo..is Going Down In Value Everyday...dont Buy It...

tommynos said:
Like Stated Its Not Worth Much Unless Its A Turbo,its A Option That Should Not Of Been Offered,crap Imo..if He Wants More Than $1500 Tell Him To Look At This Board..if He Would Accept It,dont Buy It..save Your Money And Find A Turbo Regal That Was Wrecked,left Outside To Rott.and Restore It...a Wrecked Tr Car Flipped Over And Burried In Mud Is Worth More Than His Car..imo...100k On It?unless It Was Kept Mint With Low Miles(then Still Only Worth Minimal)its Not A Item Someone Would Ever Want..imo..a Tr Car Rotting In Someones Back Yard,still Goes Up In Value Everyday..that Car Kept Mint In The Garage..imo..is Going Down In Value Everyday...dont Buy It...

2-3k max.......you capitalized every word(except like 1 or 2) :confused:

It depends on how well kept the car is...
Did it stay out alot and now needs new window felt, weatherstrip seals,paint ect?

I would tell the seller exactly what you plan on doing with the car, (remove V8 and install turbo 6) and making it a better car than it was originally built.

Offer him half of what he wants if its over 3800.00.

If the car didnt need seals,and the original paint still looks fine, then it could be worth over 2000.00 depending on condition.
Send me pics and i will pic it apart.
BW

GNguy said:
2-3k max.......you capitalized every word(except like 1 or 2) :confused:

I see alot of people doing that Lately,I Cant Figure Out Why, Must Be Something New...
Bw ;)

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
I see alot of people doing that Lately,I Cant Figure Out Why, Must Be Something New...
Bw ;)
DOnt KNow wHY iT Does It..lol..had the caps lock button on...dont know why it missed a couple...i unlocked it,kids must of did it..

Thanks for the replies.

He is asking 3 times that amount for the car. :D

I tried to bring him back to earth, but he seems to think it's worth something.

Found 3 other non-turbo Ts for sale currently, but this one fits my project best.

Have big plans for this car, willing to pay a fair price, but this guy is on another planet.

Frustrating... I want to get started, want it finished by June for summer, but clock is ticking.

A few more opinions on value would help, going to send him this thread.

PS: try to stay on subject, don't want to confuse him any more than he already is. :)

V8 T for sale?

If you end up not buying the car. E-mail me his phone # or the other ones your not interested in. Would love to have a car like this!! Thank you Mike D.

323GTX said:
Thanks for the replies.

He is asking 3 times that amount for the car. :D

I tried to bring him back to earth, but he seems to think it's worth something.

Found 3 other non-turbo Ts for sale currently, but this one fits my project best.

Have big plans for this car, willing to pay a fair price, but this guy is on another planet.

Frustrating... I want to get started, want it finished by June for summer, but clock is ticking.

A few more opinions on value would help, going to send him this thread.

PS: try to stay on subject, don't want to confuse him any more than he already is. :)

I would say $1500-$2500 depending on how it was maintained and stored.

My running/driving Turbo T is for sale for $4900 with almost the same mileage....can't see the V8 T going for more than that unless it were absolutely perfect with very low mileage.

323GTX said:
Thanks.

169 views.

5 legit responses.

Come on guys, need a few more here.

If it's nice I'd say $2500.00.
I've gotten real Turbo cars that needed TLC for less than it sounds like he's asking.

87 T Values...

I took an 87 T on trade this summer...Silver/gray,buckets/console, T-bar (no leaks) tilt, cruise, am/fm cassette, one repaint on a nice straight (but not totally rust free) body, good bumpers, blackout package, 231 V6 NA (!) TH 325(?) very nice driver, sold it in sept for $1350 cash WITHOUT the wheels...that's about a dozen U$ @ current exchange rates...hope this helps :confused:

I think I gave somewhere around 4 thousand for mine in 1995. Mine sounds pretty much like what you're looking at - great shape inside and out, gray interior with buckets, T package. This one already had the turbo hood, GN grille and airdam, and he delivered it out of Georgia to Michigan for me.

I wouldn't go much over 4k....

Turbo T for sale?

How did you make out with the sale? Is it in your garage yet???

Mike, the "sale" (if you want to call it that) has a long way to go before it's done...

-He is asking over $7000 for a V8 T with 100k and faded paint (3 times it's actual value)
-I have to try and explain to him why it's only a $2000-$3000 car (reason for this thread)
-He still has to send me pictures
-I have to mail him this discussion, along with other V8 T information
-He has to be willing to open his mind that he is over-valuing his car
-I have to see the car in person
-He has to become serious about selling and willing to compromise

It will be 30 to 90 days before I have this car in my garage, if at all.

I would say my chances of success is about 20%, not too worried about it.

I have 2 other Regals lined up in case this guy wants to remain on the planet Uranus.

Thanks again for everyones feedback, I'll send an edited version to him via snail mail, hopefully it will help.

Wow thats priced wayyyy to high.
Just to think, ive seen some 80K turbo cars sell for 7,000 or less that were in great shape with upgrades.
Good luck with the purchase, but you could darn near find a low low low mile 87 regal(already has grey interior trim) for 5,000 or less and do the same thing to it.
If its a NA limited, then the interior is identical to the turbo car except for the dash cluster and steering wheel :cool:
Too bad this car is not a 87, i would have purchased this car if it was local

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984...oryZ6141QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck with the purchase, but you could darn near find a low low low mile 87 regal(already has grey interior trim) for 5,000 or less and do the same thing to it.

Do what to it? I never said what I was doing with it. You assume too much. :)

If its a NA limited, then the interior is identical to the turbo car except for the dash cluster and steering wheel. Too bad this car is not a 87, i would have purchased this car if it was local

Nice car, but they are a dime a dozen, doesn't help me. I would never consider a regular Regal for several reasons...

1. Most have landau tops, too soft looking for me, too much of a PITA to remove, rivits, weld in clips, bah
2. Most have regular suspension, T-Package Regal has sports suspension, close ratio steering, etc
3. Most have bench seat and wood grain trim, again too soft, these 2 T-Package cars have buckets / console
4. Not to mention steering wheel, wheels, WO2 black out trim, etc... all of which are time and money

Long story short, I want to start with an 87T V8 for the obvious reasons, for the foundation, and the rarity. If this deal doesn't go through, and my other 87T V8 lead falls through, and no other V8 T's come along, then my last resort is...

1985 Regal, carb V6, burg/burg, buckets/console, hardtop, 25k orig miles. But I'd rather start with Olds V8 foundation.

This will be my 7th G-body in the last 15 years, know exactly what I want, been wanting to build this car for 7 years.