You can type here any text you want

Help Assemble My Short Block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NOKA72

Hey Guys..looking For Any Links/input On Reassembly Of My Stock Short Block/ Only Went Through It/machinist Says All Looks Good Polished The Crank Gave Me Std Mains/.001 On The Rods/new Set Of Rings/block Is Std Bore...so Looking For Input...thanks Guys...vinny

I'm not trying to under estimate your capabilities BUT if you gotta ask how to assemble it maybe you should have someone with experience do it or at minimum help you. These engines are built tight. Other than that no big secrets. Specs are at GNTTPE.org

ditto as above! I would find a buick engine guy in your area. Lots of diffrences in the setup of the bottom end vs a small block chevy or ford. Otherwise if you have the tools (mics) then take ur time and double check everything and you can be sucessful. Good luck Jon Hanson

The torque specs are available at gnttype.org. As far as any extra tips: all I can think of would be run a tap through all the bolt holes to clean 'em out, make sure you flush out the oil pump screen and get a new mounting gasket for it, consider replacing the oil filter housing (where the oil pump gears ride) and make sure you pack the oil pump cavity with vaseline. If the machine shop did not replace the cam bearings have that done, regardless of how they may have looked.

make sure you clean out all the oil gallies on crank with a small wire brush and on block too,and like mentioned above make sure to run a tap on all head bolt holes,double check you oil clearences at a minimum :biggrin: you should be ok its not to bad just take youre time

HEY GUYS...I WAS TALKING ABOUT MAYBE A LINK OR TWO TO A GOOD THREAD MAYBE....HAD SOME HELPFUL HINTS OR TIPS...LIKE RING GAPS..BEARING CLEARANCES..WHAT MOST PEOPLE LIKE OR WORKS GOOD....YOU KNOW MAYBE DISCUSS IT WITH SOME FELLOW BUICK ENTHUSIAST...BUT IF THATS THE KIND OF RESPONSES IM GOING TO GET THEN..NO THANKS...HAVE A NICE DAY......:biggrin:

No, we are all not full of jokes, im thinking of doing the same on a 4.1 engine i got out of pullapart. Anyway do a serch on engine rebuilds. Also on the website gnttype.org they have all the info you need, just look at tech info!

HEY GUYS...I WAS TALKING ABOUT MAYBE A LINK OR TWO TO A GOOD THREAD MAYBE....HAD SOME HELPFUL HINTS OR TIPS...LIKE RING GAPS..BEARING CLEARANCES..WHAT MOST PEOPLE LIKE OR WORKS GOOD....YOU KNOW MAYBE DISCUSS IT WITH SOME FELLOW BUICK ENTHUSIAST...BUT IF THATS THE KIND OF RESPONSES IM GOING TO GET THEN..NO THANKS...HAVE A NICE DAY......:biggrin:

I would have been nice had you been that specific in your original post. Unfortunately, you chose to be sarcastic and add the rolleyes smiley to add even more sarcasm.
You will find tons of help on this board. Except when you come on copping an attitude at the drop of a hat.

BTW, turn the caps lock off. All caps is "screaming" when talking via a keyboard.

I Wasnt Being Sarcastic...i Was Asking For Help...but Its Cool...ill End This Here...i Dont Have The Time Or Energy To Entertain This... I Thought We Were All Adults.....thanks Again Fellas.....vinny

I Wasnt Being Sarcastic...i Was Asking For Help...but Its Cool...ill End This Here...i Dont Have The Time Or Energy To Entertain This... I Thought We Were All Adults.....thanks Again Fellas.....vinny

Ayyyy YO vinny, from new york, the first 2 posts were insightful, and you responded unfavorably.

Engine and Mechanical

Soooo many great articles in there, dont be a baby :p

Back