You can type here any text you want

HELP! damaged TT chip...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86GN-862+2

Ok guys, this is for the TT chip users. I just bought a TT chip from an individual for $60. So, the chip arrives. The chip holder was broken and the little prongs on the chip were bent in all directions!!:mad: It was just put in an envelope and mailed to me!:frown:
According to the guy, the chip is unused. Hoping that I can still salvage this thing, I need to know how the chip is oriented into the holder. The chip has this little round indention on one side while the holder has the letters "RN" on one end along with the different little tabs which can only go into the ECM one way. PLEASE! let me know which way your chip is inserted into the holder. I have straightened the chip's little prongs as best as I could but do not want to take a chance of frying it if inserted backwards. Thank you bunches!! Jr.

The little notch on the end of the chip goes the same direction as the notch on the end of the chip carrier.

Definitely can't mail a chip in a regular envelope. It will instantly get crushed when the post office runs it though the sorting machines.

Let me know if you can't get it working and I'll get you fixed up.

Eric

Kool beans!:cool: An answer from "The Man"!:biggrin: Ok sir, I think I got it in the correct position. The little round notch of the chip points in the same direction as the square notch on the chip holder which is opposite from the end where the letters "RN" appear.
I will try it out this weekend when I get a chance to drive the car around. Having to work 10-12hr days is not fun:( Thank you for your prompt response Eric! Got my fingers crossed:p

I finally got some time to try the chip. It lives!!:p I got lucky. The chip was installed according to the instruction sheet. I drove it around for almost an hour though:redface: It was running strong and I could feel it. I was only doing about 13lbs with around 3/4 throttle and I liked! I tried to go almost WOT when the the engine died! Turns out the fuel pump/injectors fuse got blown out. Time for a Walbro pump and the hotwire kit:confused: ??

After I got the fuse replaced, it did idle smoother(2nd time running after chip installation). I started on my way back home and decided to try it a couple more times. It didn't feel as strong as when I first put the chip in plus it would only do around 10-11 lbs:frown: I just bought a fuel injection pump pressure tester today so tomorrow I will set the fuel pressure at 43#...Don't know if the regulator is adjustable yet:rolleyes: Would it hurt the programming if I leave the battery disconnected for a few days(to keep the charge while not in use)? Please let me know your thoughts sir! Have a great weekend. Jr.

While you are doing the testing, find out why the batt goes dead.. No reason you should have to disconnect the batt for a few days of not driving the car.
No reason the fuse should blow unless there's a short. Look at the inj harness around the EGR valve area.
Unless you have a good fuel system, a good scan tool, I'd surely stay away from the WFO stuff. The loss of boost could well be knok retard. keep that up, and you could join the DOTC club!

While you are doing the testing, find out why the batt goes dead.. No reason you should have to disconnect the batt for a few days of not driving the car.
No reason the fuse should blow unless there's a short. Look at the inj harness around the EGR valve area.
Unless you have a good fuel system, a good scan tool, I'd surely stay away from the WFO stuff. The loss of boost could well be knok retard. keep that up, and you could join the DOTC club!

I'm going broke just getting the tools for this car:redface: and trying to upgrade on it as well :biggrin: What EXACTLY does the Scanmaster do? An abridged explanation will work.

Getting scantool this weekend. Well next actually, have to allow time for it to get here:rolleyes: I see they offer the Scanmaster for different engines. I wonder what the differences are? Sorry, it just is interesting how the same tool is used for all those different cars. Will the Scanmaster work on any OBD I ECM regardless of chip?:confused:

I see they offer the Scanmaster for different engines. I wonder what the differences are? Sorry, it just is interesting how the same tool is used for all those different cars. Will the Scanmaster work on any OBD I ECM regardless of chip?:confused:

:confused: Anyone know this one?

The microprocessor chip inside the Scanmaster is a "one time" burn type chip. and is unique to the vehicle it's designed to monitor. Different vehicles have different data streams, etc.

Back