HELP! Exhaust housings!

1QWIK6

Torque wins
I just pulled my TE63-1 turbo off my regal. It has the Precision .63 housing on the exhaust side. I want to put a .63 Garret (sp?) on it for quicker spoolup's. I measured (with a caplier) the Precsion housing it it was 2.91. The Garrett housing is a 3.00. Is this a problem? Can the swap still be done?

Thanks
Curt

I think u may have misunderstood the question. I KNOW the garret will spoolup quicker than the precision. BUT, my question is will the LARGER housing of the garret 3" fit where the 2.91" Precision was?

What did you measure? I assume the opening where the turbine wheel goes? Is your Garrett housing designed for the TE63? Or is it just a housing you had laying around that your not sure what turbo it was for and you want to see if it will work? I have a 63 with the garret .63 housing. I also have a .82 housing in the garage. I can measure the inside of the .82 to see if it is the same if you want. I dont know how else I can help.

Yes, I was measuring the inside where the turbine wheel goes. I was told the garret housing will fit the TE 60 series turbos. Yes, if you could measure yours, it would help me.