HELP! Going to pass emissions with Joe Lubrant chip & MSD 50's (emissions chip)

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
Ok, It's time for me to take that test. My plates were suspended for a while because the car wasnt runnin. I dont really care if I pass or not because I will be getting the show/race car exemption when I turn 25 in november (gotta be 25 to get the insurance ;(). But, I figure its worth a shot. See my mods below. I have a custom burnt chip by Joe Lubrant for emissions with MSD 50's. My question is, what fuel pressure should I run at and what should I drop the boost to? I have a gutted cat and I will be running G2P just for the hell of it to try. Anyones help on this is appreciated. I'm 95% sure I won't pass, but hey maybe you guys have some good tips.

Scott

You could probably pass without a cat. You will need a functioning EGR valve. A working cat will make it if you are otherwise close. Otherwise it should be no prob w/Joe's chip

Ok, thanks guys, but my main question is, what fuel pressure level and what boost level thanks!

Scott

u can pass in IL without an egr. They dont have nox testing for our cars. At least they didnt when i took mine in. I passed with pig rich 42.5s and a high flow cat. The car wasnt even tuned up really well. Dont sweat it....if it doesnt pass take it back in another 3 months or whatever. Eventually they will give u an exempt like they did with my old 79 TA that was getting 9mpg cuz it was high HP. Make sure the @$$ thats going to run your car on the dyno isnt a 18yr old kid. I pulled in and his little eyes lit up, i went to get the manager and have him drive it. Having your car jump out of the dyno is a bad thing (its happened to me there before with that same TA)

Dan

What station are you going to. Sometimes the guys at the Markham one let you pass if you have a cool car.;)

Is that 42# line off? also, hey four-four-two.. where is theone in markham, I have always been going to the one in chicago heights there on halsted&vollmer. Let me know.

Scott

My buddy just past w/ pt 52 and msd 50's w/ the joe lubrant 93 chip. He lowered his fp and got the car hot and passed w/ flying colors.

I passed with Joe's emissions chip, 42# of f/p (line off), 3" cat and mod'd engine (no egr, etc). I had the charcoal canister in, but the fule vapro trurn line was not hooked up. I disconnet\cted my w/g rod. The car passed with the SAME emissions as when it was stock.
Good luck, you'll do fine.