You can type here any text you want

Help in Homestead

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNnSP

Hey guys,

Need a little help here, I'm lookin' at purchasing a GN in Homestead, FL but unfortunately I'm in Toronto,ON and the drive would be a wee bit long. It's an 86 with about 69k. Hardtop, usual upgrades, new paint, clean body, gnx type wheels. Latino guy owns it, barely speaks english so been communicating with his brother. Was wondering if anybody is close to the area to where they could give a third person point of view before I plump down a load of cash for it without it being driven.

He's had it at the 1/8th mile track two or three times so u guys might know em. Upgraded turbo, injectors, stahl, fuel pump. Was hoping maybe somebody could go test drive it and give me a idea if it's worth the $13, 500. I'd be glad to compensate whoever with gas money and some extra for their time.

Was gonna take it to a Buick dealership but not sure it'd be worth it since its far from stock and don't really want some kid out joy riding in it.

Thanks in advance, Todd

hay todd ,

I might be able to help you out with that, the only down side is that it would have to be on saturday, i figure i could ask a couple of buddies ( who own buicks also ) to take a ride with me. i could bring my camera and take some pictures and have them posted that same day for ya, but as i said it would have to be saturday due to work, so if you could hold the guy off till saturday
i would'nt mind.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply No-Nos. I talked to the dealership there in Homestead to give it a once over but the soonest they could do it was sat as well. Would be around $200 for a couple hours of looking it over and driving. Probably hooking it up to the pc and checking error codes I assume. My question is would he be able to read these codes with an aftermarket chip and several other upgrades on the motor (turbo, chip, injectors, fuel pump, etc). And thats providing the guy even knows what the heck a GN is <G>.

Would much rather have somebody like u that knows what to look for. Especially with your car being so heavily modified, man.. very impressive. And he's sent me some pics, looks pretty good but ya never know til its right there in front of ya. I'm sure you've been following the market on these cars, so u can make a fair assumption if its worth the $13,500. From the pics, it looks worth doing, but I need some peice of mind if u know what I mean.

Sat would work, since the guy is off on the weekends as well. U can pm me your info and I'll set it up for sat or sun whichever is easier for you. Send me your email address and I'll forward the pics he sent me, u might know the guy, said he's been to the track a few times as well as some car shows in S. FL.

Thanks again, Todd

cool todd, my email address is celviro@yahoo.com - your right about pictures, cause when i first purchased my gn it looked great on a picture but in real life you could see the spider cracks all over the hood. i'm not sure the dealer would be much help either in order to read the codes on an aftermarket chip you have to have the right type of software( direct scan etc..), I don't mind helping a fellow buick brother-out. i will give you an honest opinion and take photos myself . for $13,500 it should be a really nice gn. I am not going to just go down there and look at it and say " yeah todd it looked good" i will ask him to take me for a drive at least 10-15 min. ride ( not around the corner drive :rolleyes: ) you can't really find out much about a car by going around the block.

I"m very maticulas, i like things done the right way, not the cheap way, i will be looking out for that. I will give it a good inspection, if he's been to the car show then i might have seen him around, i enter mine in the car show's also (got a trophy also ) so it's a good chance i might have seen him but who knows. if you can todd set me up for saturday if it could be in the afternoon that would be great if not it should still be no problem ( i like to sleep late in saturday's but if needs it to be before noon i'm ok with that. i don't blame you todd $13,500 for a car you've only seen in pictures is nerve wrecking to say the least. send me the pics he sent you and when i get there i will send you the pic's i took. so you can compare. let me know what he say's todd

Carlos

p.s. if he has any fear's about people going to his house or anything, all he has to do is look-up my screen name no-nos and see my gn. and we could meet at a park etc... do you want me to check his driver's license? or do you have all his personal info already? if not do it, tell him you need a copy of his driver's license. I don't know how you plan on paying him, but a wire transfer sounds like the safe way to go. let me know what else you need from me bud. :smile:

cool todd, my email address is celviro@yahoo.com - your right about pictures, cause when i first purchased my gn it looked great on a picture but in real life you could see the spider cracks all over the hood. i'm not sure the dealer would be much help either in order to read the codes on an aftermarket chip you have to have the right type of software( direct scan etc..), I don't mind helping a fellow buick brother-out. i will give you an honest opinion and take photos myself . for $13,500 it should be a really nice gn. I am not going to just go down there and look at it and say " yeah todd it looked good" i will ask him to take me for a drive at least 10-15 min. ride ( not around the corner drive :rolleyes: ) you can't really find out much about a car by going around the block.

I"m very maticulas, i like things done the right way, not the cheap way, i will be looking out for that. I will give it a good inspection, if he's been to the car show then i might have seen him around, i enter mine in the car show's also (got a trophy also ) so it's a good chance i might have seen him but who knows. if you can todd set me up for saturday if it could be in the afternoon that would be great if not it should still be no problem ( i like to sleep late in saturday's but if needs it to be before noon i'm ok with that. i don't blame you todd $13,500 for a car you've only seen in pictures is nerve wrecking to say the least. send me the pics he sent you and when i get there i will send you the pic's i took. so you can compare. let me know what he say's todd

Carlos

p.s. if he has any fear's about people going to his house or anything, all he has to do is look-up my screen name no-nos and see my gn. and we could meet at a park etc... do you want me to check his driver's license? or do you have all his personal info already? if not do it, tell him you need a copy of his driver's license. I don't know how you plan on paying him, but a wire transfer sounds like the safe way to go. let me know what else you need from me bud. :smile:

How nice should a GN be for 13500???? just a question bc i was thinking about selling mines several times, but i keep putting money in it? I have a rebuilt trw ,cam , engine, with champion equivalent heads pte54, front mount, inkectors, downpipe, exhaust, dual fans, leather, welds, blah blah blah. paint does have spider cracks. just wondering??? If you need more peeps to go ut ther wi th you welcom to call me up 786 512 7296

hay max

would have welcome'd you to come along but it was this saturday at noon,
are you new to the area? just wondering if you live in dade county we have a coupel of guys that get together down here and then of course we meet at towers every last friday of the month. it sounds like you have been taking care of the gn, those are some nice upgrades you've made. paint does play a picture in the final price ( my opinion ) but it's not as much as some would think. my car had spider cracks everywhere on it and i still paid alot considering it was stock and had a bad converter and tranny.

it would be nice for you to get together with us whenever you can, we help each other out as much as we can. hope to see ya soon. :cool:

Car for sale in Homstead

Be careful!!!! There has been one in the Auto Trader for a while in that area. The car is a T-type with GNX Rims. The person selling it was named Mario and Phone# area code was 305. The car has a salvage title.

Back