You can type here any text you want

Help! Is this chip related?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbojorge

Unstoppable
I installed a 4" Intake system (Like the Big Mouth :eek: Cold Air System) yesterday and it just killed my short times. The car runs great and I picked up a pound of boost from the system, but it takes forever for the turbo to spool when compared to the 3" system I had before. I mean I can't rip 2nd gear like I used to or anything. I did notice that it's a bit lean of the hole and then it richens up a bit when it gets going and I prolly get about 1* of knock with 16-17 psi. The chip I currently have is a Joe Lubrant 93 street chip w/ 20* of timing. It's worked pretty good so far but was wondering if it's still suitable for my new cam/intake system. I was wondering if I can actually get a chip that would help the turbo spool up quicker.

Do I have too much air going in now? I mean the car 60' s in the 1.8-1.9 area due to the bigger turbonetics .63 exhaust housing (saids .63 on it but looks much bigger when compared to the stock one from factory) but mph's pretty good. I definitely feel a big difference with this intake system when I nail it from a 40 mph roll. It's just the short time that was affected due to slower spool up.

Can a different chip fix this?

TIA

Back