You can type here any text you want

HELP!!! Kick panel problems....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bro_d_83

I just bought those Q-Logic kickpanels for my 87 GN. Now, there's a couple problems that I am facing and hope someone can help. It says that I have to bend my e-brake pedal to make the driver's side fit....how do I do that? The other problem is the ECM computer is in the pass. side factory kickpanel....how and where do I re-locate it and do I use the pan that they gave me? If anybody could give me some walk-through instructions on how to do all of this, I would REALLY appreciate it. I'd like to start installing my audio components, since it's winter and it's not driven....therefore I have the weekends to tackle this project. Thanks and hope to get some good helpful info!

~Brodie~

To bend the e-brake: Get a long piece of rope. Loop it around the pedal and run it over to the passenger side of the car. Get in the passenger side area - brace your feet against the trans hump and PULL. It'll bend.

ECM: Pull the ecm out of the kick. There is enough wire to twist it around and lay it up high in the junction of the firewall and floor under the carpet. Put the pan under the carpet and over the ECM to protect it.

I'm not going to even try installing them until this damn snow melts (I live in Minnesota)!!!! :mad:

You will like them!
I have had mine for...uh....geez, about 5 years now.
If you get some good speakers in there, they will sound really good.
Be very careful when you are moving the ECM around. Best bet is to buy yourself a grounding strap (at radio shack or somewhere similar) that doesnt let you build up a static charge. The ECM can be destroyed by a good static discharge, so be careful with it.
I used the supplied box and mounted it under the carpet up by the dash.
If you plan on pushing the mids hard at all, you might want to dampen the surfaces behind the kicks.
Good luck with them.

Back