You can type here any text you want

Help Locating GNX Parts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

clonegnx

As you see by my screen name I am cloning my GN to a GNX since they are awsome looking, but I cannot find a NOS dash I keep missing them. I looked at the repros but I am trying to use NOS parts so any help would be greatly appreciated.

:rolleyes:

I have the gauge mounting pannel NOS new also some other nos gm GNX ITEMS GIVE ME A CALL #774 696 3585 KERRY

sure whats the price, I just bought a huge NOS parts lot for GN and GNX yesterday so I have more :-)

$225/shipped. I paid more off this board last year. Decided to go for a different look. Let me know. Thanks.

I think cloning GNX's is cool but... and maybe it's just me... when the numbered dash plate goes on it starts to piss me off. Then it gets personal because if I'm #92 I sure as hell don't want someone running around with my number on his clone.

Just my opinion.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and I thank you for your opinion. You're welcome to purchase this plate and take it out "circulation".:biggrin:

Imitation is cloning a generic GNX. Putting a personalized number on it crosses a line.

Do you have a GNX?

Sorry, but this is a hot button topic with me. I think people who sell numbers are jerks and I think people who put them on their cars are poseur jerks.

It's no game.

Do you have a GNX?

If you do, then sell a bunch of your number. If you don't then don't sell things for a club to which you don't even belong.

I am with you. I own two and if I seen someone with my number I would be pissed. I paid big money for my cars, and it is for the 547 owners. I get bashed for having a sbc in one of my x's. But it is still a gnx I am not making it something it is not. If you want a x go buy one then you will have your number the right way.

Clones, GNX's and Number Plates

Well then, what category do you put me in. I also have 2 GNX's and I have many NOS GNX parts that I sell, including NOS number plates.

NOS GNX Number plates, 300.00 each

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOS GNX Number plate list

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the numbers that I have available. These are all NOS ASC number plates.
071,082,098,118,134,168,173,183,193,242,248,280,28 5,290,291,306,314,322,332,368,372,378,386,389,401, 407,422,426,464,467,478,487.
Please PM me or email me at impala3001@aol.com for info.
I also have NOS GNX owners manual supplements.

GNX 233 said:
Well then, what category do you put me in.

If you are selling 233 and 485, that's cool.

If you are selling other people's numbers, you're a jerk.

I HAVE A GNX CLONE AND MY DASH SAY'S NUMBER 429!! ANYONE EVEN KNOW WHERE THAT CAR IS?? I COULD BE ONE OF THE ONE'S THAT GOT STOLEN, CRASHED, RACED, STORED IN A CONCRETE BOX FILLED WITH WATER ROTTING IN FRONT OF CITY HALL IN SOME TOWN, SOMEWHERE. OR IN A GARAGE WITH THE REST OF THOSE BEAUTIFUL CARS.

IF ASC CAN MAKE ONE OF THESE CARS, WHY CAN'T I. BESIDES I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY AN AUTHENTIC ONE. SO I JUST MAKE MINE VERY SIMILAR AND VERY FAST. :biggrin:

Question- At what point does imitation become counterfeiting? isn't that what cloning becomes when identifying codes/ numbers are used?

Whoaaaa...

If you are selling 233 and 485, that's cool.

If you are selling other people's numbers, you're a jerk.

Hey "Blob" whats with the school yard name calling? What would you propose is done with all the excess NOS GNX number plates and NOS GNX parts? Should everyone who has these parts destroy them?

Question- At what point does imitation become counterfeiting? isn't that what cloning becomes when identifying codes/ numbers are used?
Simple answer that's not really hard to comprehend: when someone tries to pass an imitation off as genuine for gain or profit. It's easy to check the VIN Registry of real GNX's for verification. I can do whatever I want to any car I own. If I want to put a Studebaker nose piece and a Lincoln trunk lid on my car along with GNX dash plate #***, nobody but my wife can stop me. Write your Congressman if you don't like it. This thread has gotten off subject, the Man asking about parts has a screen name of GNXclone. He's not trying to fool anyone. Which one of you complainers is going to call GNX-Ray a jerk?

Hey "Blob" whats with the school yard name calling?

You asked a question... I simply answered it.

That said, I apologize. It was a case where I could have and should have answered it differently... without the names... but let the emotion of the moment interfere with better judgment. So I'm sorry.

What would you propose is done with all the excess NOS GNX number plates and NOS GNX parts? Should everyone who has these parts destroy them?

For NOS GNX parts in general, i.e. parts generic to every GNX... sell them!!! Or keep them, or do whatever you want with them.

That people have them and will sell them is great because it is a source of replacement parts for those with GNX's and it enables those who want to create their own X-like car to do so. They are car parts, after all, and if they can be used to further someone's enjoyment of the hobby that's what they were made for in the first place. The worst thing would be to squirrel them away so nobody could have them.

For NOS dash plates... those are singularly unique to each individual vehicle, therefore to put them on anything but that vehicle is wrong. If somehow the dash plate to GNX #485 goes missing it would be better to just leave it off than replace it with some other number because it's not about the dash plate, it's about the number.

How can you rationalize selling someone else's uniquely personal number to anybody willing to fork over $300? Now that person, without their knowledge or consent, has had the uniqueness of their car diluted. Part of what's cool about owning GNX #485 is that nobody else can. That car is prominently identified as #485 and while others can own GNX's, 485 is your personal number. If some guy is out selling #485 plates for people to stick on their clones, it's not so special anymore.

And to those who stick them on your clones... what's up with that? When you look over and see "GNX #92" on your dash what are you thinking? What you should be thinking is that this isn't GNX #92 and never will be so to have a plate identifying it as such is kind of stupid.

Back