You can type here any text you want

Help Locating GNX Parts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
You asked a question... I simply answered it.

That said, I apologize. It was a case where I could have and should have answered it differently... without the names... but let the emotion of the moment interfere with better judgment. So I'm sorry.

For NOS GNX parts in general, i.e. parts generic to every GNX... sell them!!! Or keep them, or do whatever you want with them.

That people have them and will sell them is great because it is a source of replacement parts for those with GNX's and it enables those who want to create their own X-like car to do so. They are car parts, after all, and if they can be used to further someone's enjoyment of the hobby that's what they were made for in the first place. The worst thing would be to squirrel them away so nobody could have them.

For NOS dash plates... those are singularly unique to each individual vehicle, therefore to put them on anything but that vehicle is wrong. If somehow the dash plate to GNX #485 goes missing it would be better to just leave it off than replace it with some other number because it's not about the dash plate, it's about the number.

How can you rationalize selling someone else's uniquely personal number to anybody willing to fork over $300? Now that person, without their knowledge or consent, has had the uniqueness of their car diluted. Part of what's cool about owning GNX #485 is that nobody else can. That car is prominently identified as #485 and while others can own GNX's, 485 is your personal number. If some guy is out selling #485 plates for people to stick on their clones, it's not so special anymore.

And to those who stick them on your clones... what's up with that? When you look over and see "GNX #92" on your dash what are you thinking? What you should be thinking is that this isn't GNX #92 and never will be so to have a plate identifying it as such is kind of stupid.

LIKE I SAID... DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE GNX 429 IS. CUZ WHEN I SHOWS UP I'LL HAVE TO SCRAPE THE NUMBER OFF MY DASH.

Apoligy accepted. As for a GNX clone owner having number plate 485 or 233 on their car, it really does not bother me. When these number plates were being offered for sale I would have paid double or triple the asking price just to get them out of circulation. But would not hold it against someone if they did not want to sell it to me. My VIN number verifys my GNX number, I also have the build sheets and window stickers that also state that my cars are real. That is all that counts.

I guess this is the reason that GM made you provide a VIN# to purchase GNX parts back in the day! Back to the topic...CloneGNX....did you find your GNX dash # you were looking for?

While we are on the topic of number plates, I'm still looking for #028.;)

The original is sun beat and faded out some.:mad:

I have no problem with clones as long as the owners are not trying to pass them off as real. For most of us on this board, a real one is now priced out of reach. So a clone is the only alternative.

Ok, Well I started this mess so let me finish it. I am cloning a GNX since I do not want to spend the money to buy AND KEEP IT 100$ ORIGINAL aka true GNX. I want to go super fast with GNX looks. I have purchased almost every piece including the documentation, rear, seat braces etc... But, at the show my car will CLEARLY STATE GNX CLONE. So blog sorry to disappoint you, what about the people driving SS clones, GTO Clones, AMX. I am not changing vin numbers just creating a tribute car.
In fact I even tried to have a reproduction GNX plate with the number 549 since someone has 548 but it was to costly and then could not guarantee it would look right. Anyone have #485 ? Maybe I will clone yours.....

LOL Just kidding bro , I don’t take it personal. Opinions are we what individualize us…

I will take the 092 dash plate btw, and maybe the 233 and 485.

Thanks

I guess this is the reason that GM made you provide a VIN# to purchase GNX parts back in the day! Back to the topic...CloneGNX....did you find your GNX dash # you were looking for?
Turbo Regal 84. No I did not find the dash, still looking.

Gnx Gauge Cluster

Looking For Gnx Gauge Cluster, Anything That Anyone Has, Please Contact Me
Thanks

I have NOS gauge mounting panel with NOS boost gauge all other gauges are new and as close to original as possible, look ebay auction #330214079721 If interested give me a call #774 696 3585 THANX KERRY

how much are you looking to get? do you have any pics of the actual gauge cluster you have?

well if people have such a problem with repops, and cloneing, then mabe just put a number-#.Then when a person looks at it they will know that it is a clone.
just an idea :)

Back