Help me end an argument

MoeJr said:
No 83 Gn's. Only 82's with 215 total and only 10-15 of them were turbos.
There was supose to be 26 82 GN's, but B4Black (Rich) I believe is up to 32 with his research.

And I have the one off 86 White GN
P1010022.jpg

Adam Connell said:
I believe GN's were only made in black, it was the T-type regal that was made in the other colors. The t-types are very close to identical to the grand national though, so thats where the confusion might have come from... then again there might have been a white GN I didnt know about...
And it's not only color that differentiates the T-type from the GN. T-types had smaller turbos and a smaller rear than the GN's. Here's some more bologne .... all GN's were hard tops. :wink: Sorry, had to vent
I have heard rumors that a white GN exists.

87-88 grand nationals

hey guys

while @ autofair this yr with the local buick car club. ther was a man and woman walking by and looking at the buicks. I got to over hear the conversation when they were looking at my car. the man told his wife that only 87 and 88 Grand Nationals came from the factory with a turbo all the other there a 85 and 86 were clones because the grilles were the same but diffrent from my 87 i just had to laugh

They where called 1982 1/2's because they came without any doors, decklid, hood, and a back seat. Thats where the "1/2 car" year came from. Buick advertised these GN's as "they come in any color you want as long as its 2 tone grey".

There, I've vented too. I'm so sick of doing the respectful thing and just listening and agreeing to all these morons who are usually a lot older than me come up to me when I'm out in my gn and start telling me all the bullcrap "facts" about these cars. I've been fasinated with turbobuicks ever since I can remember, and always will be. But my personal feelings is that these cars are way overhyped. I never thought I'd be arguing with somebody that my car will NOT go as fast as their saying it will in the quarter mile. :rolleyes:

I know where there's an 82, or whatever it is, GN with a blown up motor in it, but the old fart won't sell it to me...grrrrrrrrr! :mad: It's a t-top car too, if that makes any difference. Looks all original from what I can tell. definitely saveable.

Turbobuick2 said:
They where called 1982 1/2's because they came without any doors, decklid, hood, and a back seat. Thats where the "1/2 car" year came from. Buick advertised these GN's as "they come in any color you want as long as its 2 tone grey".

There, I've vented too. I'm so sick of doing the respectful thing and just listening and agreeing to all these morons who are usually a lot older than me come up to me when I'm out in my gn and start telling me all the bullcrap "facts" about these cars. I've been fasinated with turbobuicks ever since I can remember, and always will be. But my personal feelings is that these cars are way overhyped. I never thought I'd be arguing with somebody that my car will NOT go as fast as their saying it will in the quarter mile. :rolleyes:

LOL, what about twin turbo GNX's, and his buddy's ten second pro street camaro that another of his buddy's stock GN smoked?