Help me get that 11.xx timeslip!

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
Ok i am going to the track again august 8th...i think i finally got the car tuned correctly...last time i couldn't finish a 1/4 mile race because of valve spring float...fixed that with 100 lb springs and i can rev to 5400 rpms no problemo...i got the trans shifting exactly at 5200 rpms now and all very nice and crisp...

right now i am running a mild 23 degree timing extender chip with my dual nozzle alcohol injection system...i will be turning off the alky at the track and i am going to put in 5 gallons of 116 race gas straight...i am also putting in my PTE 110 full race chip with i think 28 degrees of timing...also going to be running an open downpipe

i will be running 25 lbs of boost on my te-44 turbo...i will also be wearing a set of 26x8.5x15 M/T slicks...

i will be locking the converter right before i stage...is there anything else i am forgetting? my fuel pressure on my 50's is at 45 line off...all this should equate to at least a 11.9 correct?:confused: :D

You should be darn close.

Might one to bring a spare O2 sensor with you. ;)

Get a good 60ft.

Might take a whole night of tuning your combo to get it run perfectly however.

I wouldn't get too discouraged if you have to tweak stuff since this is the first time with the race gas and chip and all I assume.

Good luck. :)

oh trust me i plan on getting a spare o2 sensor:D

i am not wasting a brand new 42 dollar GNX delco sensor on race gas...i am going to autozone and picking up a 22 dollar bosch sensor!;)

i just hope i can hook up with these really small slicks and i don't run out of rpm!:eek:

I think Woody only uses 9" ones and he's fast. But then again I'm usually wrong when it comes to things I have to remember rather than doing the research and go look at his signature. :D

Good luck.

You at sea level? :)

Do you have a T+ or just the regular translator? If you have the + I would leave the Extender chip in the car and just add timing that way. If not, try out hte PTE chip but I would guess that it is more likley 26 or 27* of timing in it.

Etiher way, slowly work your boost up to 25psi and tune for good MPH and then launch the hell outta it and an 11 second timeslip shouldn't be a problem.

yeah i would turn up the timing using the + version but i just have the regular translator so i have to swap chips in order to add timing...

25 lbs of boost with 116 octane race gas...is that octane ok? last time i had 118 and thought it was way overkill...

I can run 27 psi on 92 octane and alky, no knock, 25 degrees timing in 1st/2nd and 24 degrees in 3rd.
I don't see how on earth it could ever knock with 116 octane........but every car is different.:)

You should pretty much never have an ounce of KR when running 116 octane (I prefer C16 specifically) unless you are waaaay out of tune. I have run quite lean on occaision and had no problems, specifically because I was using C16

The only things I see missing are a scan tool - but I will assume you have one to tune your combonation - and "no track times yet". It has been my limited experience that the fastest car in the world is a lot slower without an experienced driver. When my wife took my car down the track, it was 2 seconds slower than when I did in back to back passes! As long as you have some experience, can tune it and the track hooks, you can get your 11.

I can't help you with tuning with alky, but if you're running straight race gas (114 minimum) you should be right there!

With everything you've mentioned you should be real close! Get a good burnout and dry hop, and hope your rear brakes will hold at least a 10#boost launch.

OH, and BTW I highly recommend NOT locking the TCC at the line
1. It's too hard on parts
2. It bogs the engine too much on the shift into 2nd
3. It bogs the engine too much on the shift into 3rd.
2&3 will hurt both your mph and et.

My proven formula for a combo like mine is to lock the converter about 2 seconds AFTER the shift into 3rd (when I do it manually), and when I have the Extender chip do it, I have it lock at about 88mph

All this assumes you have good TCC clutch, and not a sloppy, slippy one.

so a few seconds after i hit 3rd gear i should flip the TCC switch? also when i am done with my run should i flip it off? yes i do have track experience...hell i ran 12.2 @ 112 with all stock components...i know i am gonna get in the 11's...i am just paranoid i guess...and yes my brakes can hold well over 10 lbs of boost...i have all new brakes and such...i also run turbolink scan tool...

as far as tuning...i will just set the fuel pressure at 45 line off (what the directions say for extender chip) and keep the boost at 25 lbs...if i don't knock i will keep turning it up...hopefully nothing breaks!

Originally posted by d0n_3d
i will also be wearing a set of 26x8.5x15 M/T slicks...

let me know how you do with those, because in about two months i will have close to the same combo you do and i also have those same slicks sitting in my garge... but i have stock valve springs, so i might run out of RPMs....

so give me a ball park of where i can be :cool:

thanks

-Neil

Re: Re: Help me get that 11.xx timeslip!

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
let me know how you do with those, because in about two months i will have close to the same combo you do and i also have those same slicks sitting in my garge... but i have stock valve springs, so i might run out of RPMs....

so give me a ball park of where i can be :cool:

thanks

-Neil

personally with our combos we SHOULD be running 28"x9 slicks because it drops the rpms at the top end a little bit...but i bought these slicks because i had all stock stuff last year and never figured i would mod my car this far...i know that i can rev up to about 5400 rpms with these new springs...probably not safe but i will just leave it in D and if i am redlining the tach through the finish line so be it...i don't want to shift into OD because that will be SLOW

Re: Re: Re: Help me get that 11.xx timeslip!

Originally posted by d0n_3d
personally with our combos we SHOULD be running 28"x9 slicks because it drops the rpms at the top end a little bit...

i would be.. but some one gave me these 28x8.5's for free... so i am not really complaining ;)

-Neil