Help me pick a front mount!

D.K.

I would like to get opinions on the different front mounts as I am ready to purchase.
My combo is 87WE4, 340 fuel pump, alky injection, 52 turbo, 55 pound injectors. LS1 MAF with translator, 911 3200 stall converter, mild cam, ATR 3 inch down pipe with test pipe and hooker duals.Right now the car has the stock intercooler and pulls hard in street trim. 22 psi and little to no knock.
I used to run a CAS front mount on my 10.9 87 and loved it. Factoring in cost as well, which one do you all think is best??
The precision seems to be priced nicely at $895.00.
I do want a front mount so stock location is out.
Share your thoughts!

Big Dave
:D

Im looking for bolt in, thanks.
What kind of results can you get with the power stroke?

Best so far is 10.40s at 133 from Reds Hot Air. This IC is the best bang for the buck IMO I dont see why more people dont run them besides you have to cut the car a little. The car is easily rerturned to stock.

BTW Mines an aluminum end tank IC

FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER!!!

check out www.ramchargers.com you will like the price on the front mount........and if you need help they will help you.....with what you are looking for....:cool:

IMO if your gonna get a new one and dont want a PS get a Precision.Ive heard nothing but good things about them.HTH

I am very happy with the Precision unit. I have it on both my cars and have had no problems. And you can't beat the price.

The largest bolt in front mount I've seen is the one that Cotton's Performance sells.

Yes, the V2 is a CAS unit. You better make sure they have the unit in stock before ordering.

If I were buying a bolt in frontmount I'd personally look at the piece from Cotton's or the one from PTE.

I recently installed one from PTE

And it was a nice unit, went in with no problems. Can't say for sure the improvement cuz we never took it to the track with the old one in it. :cool:

how about kenne bell

I was lookin' at the Kenne Belle front mounts,anyone using one or heard anything about them??

Kenne Bell was a joke the last time I was on the game. Have thingd changed? All his stuff was way way old school, and that was years ago!

Big Dave:confused:

Old school. Dont know about availability.Unless your talking about a duttweiler neck for your stock ic.Just about any vendor would carry those.

i was talking about the intercooler it self. i have one ,but i just wanted to hear people's coments about it

kenne bell, duttweiler, esp are all old school and not worth buying new(if still available) the CAS intercoolers are very good but not readily available. Cottons fm is king of the hill, but also may not be readily availble. the precision fm is always around from multiple vendors and is priced right.

I think you should take a couple of those stock ones you have and wedge them up front. Just buy alot of rubber hose and string them together:)

BTW when am I going to get to see this thing:)

slowGN

Cotton's large/nice/clean fit. Takes up the whole front grill space, you can't see the sides of the intercooler from the front of the car. Paint it black and it looks like a radiator. (for the street racers). You will not be disappointed.