You can type here any text you want

Help me please!

• Thread starter Thread starter JAYDUBB
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
J

JAYDUBB

No need to be alarmed...

Since this is the internet's only true dedicated turbo Buick site, I know someone here can help me out.

I live in the Washington DC area, but my problem lies in Las Vegas, NEW MEXICO!

My mom is the unhappy owner of a 78 Buick LeSabre Sport Coupe. Its has the Turbo 6 and the 4 barrel (well... she says its a 4 bbl. I have never seen this car, but I know they made one). She recently had a "minor" tune up done on the car and now its running like crap. The last mechanic that worked on the car said it needed a new carburetor. That I can believe.

The main problem is... I'm a mechanic and I cant help her from the other side of the country. If there is ANYONE here that lives anywhere near Las Vegas NM and that knows how to deal with these cars, please respond to this post. My mom really needs help and I cant help her. I dont even know what to do at this point. I dont want someone messing with this car that doesnt have a clue about working on these cars.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Unfortunately the only experts on these cars a the people that own them and take the time to learn about them. I don't know of anyshop, anywhere that deals with carb/turbo cars on a regular basis.

It's likely the car has a 4-barrel Quadrjet. A 2-barrel was available, but it's uncommon.

I would guess the problem start with a vacuum leak or a blown PECV valve. If the carburetor was replaced, it probably isn't a correct turbo carb, which compoiunds the probelm. I think if you read this active thread, it will help:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52318

Take a look at my website (see signature) and Peter's website:
http://petesbuick.topcities.com/ Find someone that is willing to take time to understand the turbo set up. A '78 Buick Shop manual will really help. This board is probably yor best resource.

Thanks for the response B4Black.

But I'd really like to know if there is anyone out there near my mom that can work on the car for her. Or if anyone can recommend someone to me for her.

Thanks!

Back