You can type here any text you want

help me with these hooker headers please!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sixgun86gn

six offender
I have to install these headers on a motor for a friend.I told him they were a POS design,but he wants to use them anyway.The problem I am having is getting the up pipe to the turbo in there.IT HITS EVERYTHING!I can't turn it.Looks to me like taking the starter off would help,but then I couldnt put it back.I even took off the pass side header to make some room still no help.If I take the bolts out of the motor mounts I,ll never get them back in.Any of you that have done this before help me please.

I had a set of those from the early 90's. They are junk by todays standards. I would tell him that it will make the car very lazy for street driving. Also he'll keep getting a trouble code for the o2 circuit,because of the larger diameter pipes it takes longer for the sensor to reach operating temp. Only way to cure that is a heated o2 sensor.
BACK to the problem at hand. If I remember you have to have the car up in the air higher than a regular floor jack can get it. DO you have access to a hoist? Good luck and try your best to talk him out of them.

Thanks.I figured it out and got it in there.Now the starter wont turn over from the keyswitch but I can start it from the posts on the starter.

Back