You can type here any text you want

HELP!!! My rear parking lights don't work

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbotrix2004

Just like the title says my rear parking lights don't work. Brakes, hazards, and blinkers work but no rear parking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean tail lights? Or reverse lights? I'm not sure what a rear park light is

When I turn on my headlights all lights work but my tail lights.

Are the bulbs good? Check the filaments inside. It may seem unlikely, but maybe both bulbs were blown. If the bulbs are good, I'd suspect a break in the common wire leading to both.

So the taillights don't light up "dim" when you press the "Park light" section of the headlight button (the smaller section on the right part of the switch)? Or don't light up when the headlights are full on? Or light up when the brakes are pressed?

No they do not light up dim when headlight or park light switch is on

But they light up when the brakes are pressed? I believe from your earlier description that they blink when you signal left/right?

Yes blinkers work and so do the brake lights just not the running lights

Sorry for all this step-by-step troubleshooting...just trying to get things straight. So the front park lights (orange ones, not the headlights) come on, when you press the Park light section of the headlight switch?

You said the bulbs are new. What bulbs did you buy? If I'm not mistaken, our old cars had some bulbs with double-filaments inside, they had 2 brightness modes. If you put in single-filament bulbs, for example, they might only work in "bright" mode.

Bulb number? Sorry, but when you assume...(you know the rest). I doubt it's wiring because the bulbs wouldn't light up at all, and doubt it's a fuse either, because the fronts wouldn't work. So all that remains is the bulbs.

Found the problem... there is an aluminum wire with brown sheathing that sends the voltage to the tail lights. The aluminum wire broke

Ahh...glad you fixed it. Weird that the lights worked when brakes were pressed, with the wire broken.

Back