Help!! Need TR mechanic in AL

broke1

Banned
Just like the title states.Im needing them to put in my motor/tranny and all other upgrades on my 85 GN. I already know of HESCO, ive used em before and they had great service just REALLY expensive.I also know that now isnt the time to cheap out.ALOT of work needs to be done to this car. Id do it myself but im living out of the country and dont know when ill get a chance too. Plus id like the car finished for BG this year.

Car is located in Bham and id like to keep it in AL.Know anyone else that is a GREAT TR mechanic??? Thanks,

Drew

Hum

Goodluck finding someone!!!!! If someone tels you about a guy named Larry in Fairfield an says that he is good, do not believe them!!! HESCO??? Man I know of a lot of people they have taken for a ride.. You must be a lucky one..

Haven't used them personally, but SE turbo in Acworth, GA is pretty close to B'ham in the grand scheme of things. I've heard several good things about them. I was going to have them rebuild my 87 TR, but I sold it first. Just my $.02.;)

I sent you an email a while ago and got no response. Don't kow if you tried getting back with me or not.

I'd be interested in seeing what needs to be done. If the motor and all is ready to go in I'd be interested in doing it for you. If it needs to be built then no. I've got another project going now and don't have time to do a complete motor job. You probably don't know who I am but all you have to do is ask the other Buick owners around B'Ham and you'll find out. You can e-mail me if you want and I can give you my phone number so we can talk.

Never got an email:( The engine is finished and ive talked too Warren and he says you really are the man on TRs:) However a friend of mine named Brett Barnes(you might know him he built his own turbo kit for his 95 TA and has worked for several perf shops in Bham) is going to be doing the work on the car(motor is assembled),installing the cage,notching the frame,etc.If you lived closer to Bham id go with you in a heartbeat.I just dont want my parts walking away.

I think this is how its going to go,Brett installs it and gets everything up to snuff mechanically and then im going to need you to tune it.Please pm me with your phone # and we can talk.Thanks,

Drew

Russell Hunt is the guy

he is rebuilding my motor to close to 700 hp he just did one for Bill Ragland.

Look him up in the www.whitepages.com he is in Leoma, TN just north of Florence, AL
He just put two head gaskets from rjcracing.com on my dad 86 GN and ported the head intake and three angle valve job.

Very good work...

Russell Hunt hey!!!!

Well haven't talked to old Rusell in a while.. Did he ever sell that GN of his?? LAst time I talked to him he needed a tranny rebuilt for it.... He built my motor an had some other guy build my tranny maybe 4 yrs ago... Not sure what happen but my motor was knocking around 1200 miles,, It was a real shame cause I had some major cash in it, but was also able to sell it for what I had in it. Shame I never got to enjoy the car.. But I am on the rampage again to try to perfect a bad scenario.. Tell Russell Chris said HELLO>>>>>><<<<<<

cool

what happened to the motor he built you?...he seems to do pretty good work...
But I am on the rampage again to try to perfect a bad scenario.
what do you mean by this...I was referred to him by bill...anyway let me know...much thanks...

Hi

Best i understand from the guy who bought it form me was that the turbo crank had been replaced with a standard 3.8 NA crank. Apparently it didn't sit to well with the bearings.. Grooms engines up your way I see sells complete motors rebuilt to spec, but man I don't see paying what he wants for one.Unless yoo could not find a good builder to do it for less.. Just a thought!!!! I'll be @ the nationals on the 19th.. Will be in a Grey king cab ford dually Al plates of course..

Russell still has the car.

Russell does good work and knows what he's doing. If one of his motor's fails then it was gonna fail no matter who put it together.

I'm sure he does..

But i am sure also that there was a bad crank in it.. I have met russell an of course I am sure of his competance. Just simply saying I wish mine had stayed together...