You can type here any text you want

Help on Bobweight card

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Drewster

Wish I Had A Clone. AKA Andrew Youlio
Does this bobweight card look right? the balancing shop said the bobweight looked too high. they thought that it could be that i can not use 2 rods per throw on a Buick crank.
Im using Molnar Rods, Diamond pistons .020 over for a 4340 steel crank
any help or input is much appreciated, the crank is in the shop now and i would like the issue cleared up asap.
see pic

Andrew

Bobweight card completed.jpeg

Anyone remenber what their bobwweight was? 1 piston per thow comes out to be 860g and 2 pistons per throw comes out to be 1717g . not sure which to use. heres the 1 piston per throw balance card. which is correct?

Andrew

Bobweight card corrected.jpeg.jpeg

Looks wrong to me. By having a bobweight that's for a pair of big ends, you'd have to choose one journal or the other. There's no way to bisect the difference between throws (as far as I know)

Caveat: A crank balancer is one machine I've never ran. I just know the math and the procedure.

The second card looks more like the last three engines I had balanced with similar crank and rods. The bob weights were 843 to 851 depending on the brand of parts. I think the bob weight gets split between the two rod journals from what I understand. By that I mean bob weight divided by 2, then that weight bolted to each journal on that throw for the total bob weight.

Last edited:
Back