Help!! Please!! High BLM 150!! Cant find problem, or pass emissions

The car may pass an idle test without a cat, but it looks like Illinois smog test type is I/M 240 (for 80 and newer). That car may be lucky to pass that type of a smog test even it the cat is installed. I/M 240 requires the engine to be running almost perfect. The Nox portion of the test will be the hardest part, as the car is accelerated to 58mph on the dyno (from almost a dead stop). This is the position where I/M240 test for Nox.

Um...i thought the most common problem with pegged blm's is an exhaust leak.

after having a known exhaust leak on my crossover pipe my blm's were in the 140 range at idle and in the 110-117 range at cruise and accelerating, if you want I can send you a DS run with a known exhaust leak to see what I mean, basically some were high and some really low.

Well, I changed my PCV tody, old one seemed fine, but changed it anyhow. While I was looking for it, I also found my second maf screen. I threw that back in, and the numbers got a bit better. Maf reads 5 at idle, LV8 at ~40. My BLM stayed at 150, but now the INT has come down to the 128 range.

I also went to town with the propane, but had no luck in finding any vac leaks... I am really starting to run out of ideas. Is it possible that the EGR valve is not seating all the way, and air leaking through it, not from the outside air?? Would that cause what I'm seeing?? Should I order a different chip in hopes that it may work better??

thanks again

SMOG Chek?

I guess my question is: Why 50# injectors w/ a stock turbo and intercooler??? Are we SURE the inj's are 50's??

Just a thot.:D
Back to sniffing my tailpipe!!;)

Chuck- Well, I'm as close to sure as I can be. They do have the proper part # on them for the Delphi 50's (bought from PTE 3-4 months ago). 5161 17104487. Yeah, it is a bit of an odd combo right now. I have future plans of low 11's or high 10's, and am trying to buy parts only once. I didn't think that my turbo size would matter with the emission test, only because they never get into boost..??

thanks

HI BLM

Mike, I checked the pt # for the 50's and my data shows they are the correct # for 50.
I guess i misunderstood the problem w/ the turbo, i/c, etc.
Chuck

Thunder,
If you think the EGR has an internal leak, the remove it and install a temporary plate in it's place to see if the blms goe down. EGR valves with internal leaks are kind of rare, but it does happen.

I feel defeated

Well, I feel I have been beaten by this one... Today, 12/19/01 I called the EPA, and asked for the plates to be suspended. (Better the plates, than my license) The car would not have moved from the garage all winter long either way, I just don't like admitting defeat. Well, I guess now I have plenty of time to track this one down...

Is there anything that I should be able to see from the direct scan at idle?? All of the #'s fall where gn/t-type.org shows them.

thanks

Re: I feel defeated

Originally posted by Thunder
Well, I feel I have been beaten by this one... Today, 12/19/01 I called the EPA, and asked for the plates to be suspended. (Better the plates, than my license) The car would not have moved from the garage all winter long either way, I just don't like admitting defeat. Well, I guess now I have plenty of time to track this one down...

Is there anything that I should be able to see from the direct scan at idle?? All of the #'s fall where gn/t-type.org shows them.

thanks
Mike have you found the problem yet ,,,I have this same problem with these injectors from PTE with a Testa Chip,,,cant figure it out....

I have a similar problem with totally stock setup...

I'm going to check for an exhaust leak, other suggestions welcomed
Jeff